Middle States 7.4 Release Bugs/Discussion

More
18 years 10 months ago #13157 by Grebster
I'm getting a strange graphical bug. Parts of objects, like stations or planets are visible through the hull of the ship. This is evident when docking. I have a screenshot of this, but nowhere to host it.

Also, wingmen don't seem to like following me through lagrange points.

Greb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13158 by GrandpaTrout
Good, installer issues are coming forward. I guess the place to start, is remove the mods directory and then start the game normally and make sure you can play it. (just to be sure the base installation is really working).

It may also require at least one start of the normal game to accept mods. I have never tried it the other way. I will try it with a clean install. Thanks for finding this one!

[Edit]
I have tried a clean install with patch and then run the Epic installer without ever starting the game. It works fine on my system. Wetwired: Could you try running the unmodded game - so we can sort the cause? Thanks!

More
18 years 10 months ago #13159 by GrandpaTrout
Hi Greb!

I think the graphical issues are EoC not liking new hardware. Could you post your system specs?

Wingmen are a pain. At first they seemed to jump to the wrong Lpoints. I wrote some code to get them to the right lpoint, but they straggle behind. Are your wingmen ever catching up? Or do they stay lost? Are the just falling farther and farther behind? If you wait for them, do they tend to stay with you?

I use this technique to keep my wingmen in a bunch: I select my target on the map. Then I approach with F6. When I get to an Lpoint, I stop by using F5 and wait for them to catch up. Then I press F6 to go forward again. When I cross through an lpoint I press F5 to wait for them to catch up once more.

But that was the days before the cluster was seeded with hostile guards and pirate tolls. Now, I never use autopilots. The things keep routing me into nests of hostiles. (Which is just how it should be :D)

More
18 years 10 months ago #13160 by Grebster
I'm not sure its my hardware, Eoc plays fine without the graphical bug.

Anyways, These are my specs:

AMD Athalon XP 2400+
512 MB RAM
Windows XP Home
Geforce 4 Ti 4400
SB Audigy
Running DirectX 9.0b

I'll email you the picture of the grpahical bug anyways.

It seems to be working fine with the traffic enabled, except I'm finding that factions hostile to you tend to camp out at the lagrange points, causing a bit of a pile up. I am also able to buy and sell cargo now, are the traffic scripts related to this?

I'm also getting serious loading times and long pauses when the engine loads up a new system, though I guess this is to be expected with such pretty systems. :)

Greb

More
18 years 10 months ago #13161 by GrandpaTrout
The cluster is setup with hostile owning Epitaph and Ripon. Which means that without big guns you must go the long (very long) way around through Li Po and Corliss. Please do email the image and I will host it.

Possible problem with the new planet objects?

More
18 years 10 months ago #13162 by cambragol
I have had a crash bug when exiting the game for a while now. I assumed it was my system, as I have the crash with other games. But maybe it is something else, related to the mod.

Regarding the graphical glitches above: I have noticed the same 'reversing' of perspective many times while playing stock EOC. I generally ignored it and it was gone soon enough. Are you seeing this kind of clitch all the time, or only around the new planets, or was that a singular occurance?