Middle States 7.4 Release Bugs/Discussion

More
18 years 10 months ago #13175 by cambragol
Yes, those planet textures are HUGE. Chenyuang, Emerald and Tseng are all 2048*2048, which means you likely need a decent 3D card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13176 by WetWired
Flux.log shows no errors. I have an Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB of memory, and one of the high-end AGP bus nVidia cards (no, I don't remember which one; I bought it second hand from a friend who was going PCIX)

More
18 years 10 months ago #13177 by GrandpaTrout
And turning off the textures did not help?

Ok. There is a small test cluster included as well. Let's see if that one will load. Turn off MS_Mod_Geog and turn on MS_Mod_StationTest. (only one cluster can be active at a time). And see if that one will load.

The only issue I have ever seen that is close to this, is when a station model has been missing. Normally, if the geography has an issue, you just get a server message. Like failed to create world or something similar. Normally, it does not crash. But I cannot imagine how you could have a missing station. I tested with a clean install.

Your system sounds similar to mine. I only have 128meg of texture memory.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13178 by WetWired
Okay, there is something seriously wrong with the installer. After the last crash condition, I reinstalled EoC to
E:\program files\infogrames\independence war 2 - edge of chaos
then I patched it, configured it, and copied the whole directory to
E:\program files\infogrames\copy of independence war 2 - edge of chaos
When I installed the epic mod, I selected the second directory. Now, the epic directory works and my clean install crashes. WTF?

More
18 years 10 months ago #13179 by WetWired
Entering station at Tofflemier Entertainment crashes the game. Loading my save game from that first station and launching crashes the game.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13180 by GrandpaTrout
Ok, slow down a second. What did you do to get the game past the planets loading screen? Did you turn off the textures?

The crash entering the station is caused by the far_clip value being too high. Change your flux.ini far_clip value to 2e5. That should allow you to enter stations. We will change that value in the next release.