Middle States 7.4 Release Bugs/Discussion

More
18 years 9 months ago #13169 by Grebster

Originally posted by cambragol

Regarding the graphical glitches above: I have noticed the same 'reversing' of perspective many times while playing stock EOC. I generally ignored it and it was gone soon enough. Are you seeing this kind of clitch all the time, or only around the new planets, or was that a singular occurance?

Its a common occurence, I'm not sure if it only occurs around new planets, because I don't know which are the new ones.

Greb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13170 by GrandpaTrout
Hi Greb,
The new planets are Emerald, Chenyuang and Tseng. If it happens at any other planets, it would be great to hear about.

I think we have narrowed down the crash issue. It is pretty strange. If you are viewing a planet (old or new) when you exit, the game crashes. It will crash if you are viewing a planet and enter the base. This only happens if the far_clip value is high enough that the planet is inside the far clip.

You can test this theory yourself by changing the flux.ini value of far_clip to "2e5" which is the standard 200km distance that PS uses. If your crashes on exit and when you enter the station go away, then that was the problem. Sadly, this takes out our new planets. So we are thinking up some workarounds.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13171 by WetWired
Using the backup flux.ini didn't help.
It crashes after saying Loading Planet Properties for a while.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13172 by cambragol
WetWired, it sounds like you may be encountering an issue I had with the epic joystick configs. Try loading the game with your original EOC joystick config set as 'default.ini' I once had a crash that was related to my configs, and always occured at the loading planets properties stage of the load screen.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13173 by WetWired
Nope, still crashes

More
18 years 9 months ago #13174 by GrandpaTrout
WetWired, can you post your system specs? And try turning off the planets and nebula mods (only) just in case the amount of textures is overwhelming something.

[Edit]
Does your flux.log file have any clues at the end as to why it might be failing? Are there any errors listed?

This makes me realize I need to setup a test machine with alternate graphics cards. I should at least have a radeon in the house.