Uspace Bugs version 11.1 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #16045 by Shingen
did u find why the ghost contact is showing up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16046 by GrandpaTrout
I have not seen it happen. I am guessing it has something to do with the jump.

Was your wingman destroyed long before you jumped, or just as you jumped to the new system?

More
17 years 3 months ago #16139 by nate90909
Carrier - The carrier wingman
The carrier wingman seems to be either a daredevil of unrivaled proportions or, is just a reckless fool. I am not sure what he is, although I think he is leaning more towards the foolish side. First let me say this, Carriers are slow, barely manuverable beasts. For good reason too. However when the top speed for it is 1000m/s and the pilot is an idiot problems occur. Because of its mass (i think) and its slow turning speed, slow acceleration, deacceleration etc it makes this beast dangerous, deadly, and suicidal. Here is a encounter I had with my carrier on the mining startup:

Captain's Log Stardate:6:00-8:00 PM 1/17/2007

After discovering an average yield asteroid in this god forsaken system my prospecting squadron was recovering from a protacted case of partying. After getting the message from the deepspace prospecting ship "Little Science Dude" I relayed the message to all the ships currently in formation, including the chartered Carrier. The next day, (whilst I was recovering from a mild hangover) I ordered all ships in formation and launched the lsd drive towards the asteroid. After I broke out of lsd near the asteroid it became apparent that my wingmen were definitely feeling quite off as they overflew me toward the asteroid. As they scrambled to get back into formation much to my dismay the proximity warning alert started screaming at me. As much as my head hurt I immediately preformed evasive action. Forunately my quick reflexes saved my life, as the carrier impacted me at a reduced speed(From me blasting on my afterburner) and at a less direct angle(I was only grazed I believe). Nevertheless the impact caused considerable damage to my ship as hull pressure warnings and coolant leak alarms spattered off. As I commed the bridge of the carrier only to hear screaming and a general chaos(there should be chaos, They just rammed their employer!!!) My view settled startlingly on the carrier. It had barely slowed down noticeably and was headed straight at the asteroid at well over 900m/s. The poor ship tried to slow and turn off but at that point I knew what was going to happen. Less than a minute later the chartered carrier crashed into the asteroid in a huge explosion taking all hands.

It takes approx 65-75km for a carrier to stop after exiting LSD and then giving it a halt order.

Ouch LOOK OUT! - Lpoint Woes
AL40064 MoonB Itah Lpoint - This Lpoint is covered by a HUGE asteroid. I will report any others I find, as I find them (the hard way OUCH!)
Edit Also a 'roid on the Kronholm Fukuoka Lpoint

I used the "Deadly Jump" start and proceded into the Angevine Lpoint selecting the deadly. I was ok, but ran out of time and was knocked out. So I went back to the waypoint and tried again. However the game got stuck looking at this:

img92.imageshack.us/img92/9281/bug1ci3.jpg

No controls would work and I had to alt-tab and close the game. Will check later to see if it is reproduceable. I also got the flux log, if you want it just tell me were to send it.

"Better to die now with honor, than to live with shame."

"Better to die now with honor, than to live with shame."

More
17 years 3 months ago #16142 by GrandpaTrout
Thanks Nate, those are excellent bug reports, Thanks! I just posted a new version that should be a fix for the carrier and other wingmen deceleration. And we will move the asteroids.

The jump issue is new and I will give it a try to reproduce. If you can get it to happen again, please post back the procedure.