Uspace Bugs version 11.1 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #15877 by Shingen
Ok, there is definitely some sort of memory leak or something in the tunnel flight thing. Issues with sound and performance.

I use winamp in the background when playing EoC, and never had a problem with either TornStars or EoC singleplayer before. Running without winamp, there is still a noticable performance drop in tunnel flight, along with choppy audio.

Multiple asteroids around L-points are problematic with more then 2 wingman.

Sometimes the tunnel flight won't kick in, but goes into a normal EoC L-point jump sequence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15878 by GrandpaTrout
What is your computer configuration. We were a bit worried about the capsule jumps. The lights seem to be huge graphics load (dynamic shadows) and they have audio attached to them. We may have to make some changes. Or do something with placing fewer at a time.

[edit] Just saw you put your configuration at the top. My bad!

More
17 years 3 months ago #15879 by Shingen
hmmm..why would those lights have audio attached? I noticed that when I first enter capsule space (or whatever it's called), I'm running at about 4000 kms, even when I'm only running at 1000 kms at the L-point entrance. Then there is a swarm of those lights and then they cull out after a few seconds.

Framerates in normal space are 60+ but drop to 5-9 fps in the capsule jump tunnel thingy.

What's the set speed of a tug now? In EoC it was like 750 or something, now I barely set my speed and I leave all my wingman far behind by the time I go into navigation and set a destination. So I either have to come to a complete stop to navigate, or wait for everyone to catch up in LDS.

Good thing is, after about 6-8 hours of play, no crashes. =D

More
17 years 3 months ago #15880 by GrandpaTrout
The audio gives dynamic sound as you pass. Like when a freighter rumbles by.

Ok, we will need to work on those frame rate values. My hardware is faster (only a little) but I get higher numbers. Unless the frame rate is 20+ it will be very hard to navigate effectivly.

We are evaluating a new idea for ship speeds. The top speeds are set high. NPC ships can keep up with a player when they thrust override for longer. It was a combat balance change. There are many combat balance changes. I hope to get some feedback on what people like/dislike. Interesting that it is causing wingmen following issues. I must be spending my time in non-lsdi field areas that I haven't noticed that.

Good to hear about the crashes (lack of crashes). USpace is way, way more stable that Torn Stars.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15882 by JT
I really don't like the new maximum velocity because instead of setting your throttle as needed, you have to use it as like a permanently-on main booster. Either you set it to boost you forward very fast or you set it to slow you down. It's also quite inconsistent when you discover that your throttle works normally (as it used to) in capsule space, albeit with a much faster acceleration/deceleration factor.

Is it not possible to have the AI ships' maximum speeds set to some very high value without touching the player ships' maximum speeds? As far as I'm aware, acceleration and afterburner accelerate the player the same amount, but the afterburner allows you to break your maximum speed. NPC ships need to circumvent the old maximum speed because they aren't smart enough to use their burner. The player, on the other hand, has no such problem.

Torn Stars is brought to you in part by Audiosalve -- The rockin' skin moisturiser.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15883 by Shingen
What the system config you build this game on? It might help if we knew your puter's config as well, to sorta benchmark off of.

Audio on those light thingys seems rather redundant, being that you are only in a tunnel for around 30 secs anyway. It doesn' really add anything to the game, does it? At least not on my end.