Uspace Bugs version 11.1 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #15884 by GrandpaTrout
The problem is the hired wingmen. I think you can work around it by hiring the wingmen, saving, and then restoring. That should reset the max_fuel property to its correct value. There is a debug save anywhere button that makes it a pretty painless workaround.

I have fixed the bug in code and will post a new version this weekend. Hopefully with a few other fixes.

My system is not so much different from yours. A touch faster.
Code:
Processor Information: Vendor: GenuineIntel Speed: 3000 Mhz 1 physical processors Video Card: Driver: RADEON 9200 SERIES DirectX Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll Driver Version: 6.14.10.6641 DirectX Driver Version: 6.14.10.6641 Driver Date: 27 Sept 2006 Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz DirectX Card: RADEON X700 Series Number of Monitors: 2 Number of Video Cards: 2 Primary Display Resolution: 1600 x 1200 Desktop Resolution: 3520 x 1200 Primary Display Size: 16.77" x 12.60" (20.94" diag) 42.6cm x 32.0cm (53.2cm Primary VRAM: 128 MB Sound card: Audio device: Realtek AC97 Audio Memory: RAM: 1023 Mb Sound card: Audio device: Realtek AC97 Audio Memory: RAM: 1023 Mb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15885 by Shingen
Yep.. are kits are pretty close. Realtek AC'97 integrated audio sucks, don't it.

Save - reload worked on the wingman fuel problem, but wingman won't dock to target, won't dock to station, and I can't sell anything. Ore mining station to ore processing station should trade, yes?

Wassup with the lateral thrusters? Starboard and port thrusters are dead. Fore and aft thrusters work. Combat without lateral thrusters sucks. MAJOR.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15886 by GrandpaTrout
Whoa, multiple bugs going on here. Back up and give more details on the cannot sell. How did you setup? How are you trading? Where are you? Etc.

Same with the no lateral thrusters issue. Did that just start for you? In the last 8 hours of play have you not had lateral thrusters? They must be working at some point, or you would not survive a jump.

Wait a sec, we did make a change in the wingman commands. Wingmen no longer start in group 0. They don't start in any group. You have to add them to a group. That could be the problem. Press the group number you want to put them in, then press 0, 0.

I am watching my wingmen dock to a station now... something must be different between our setups.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15887 by Shingen
OK I think the docking thing is in the collision detection. Tried the save-game 5 times. Alcuin, common metal mine to common ore processing.

6 pod SnRV hauling 6 pods of common metals.

Twice the ship kept flying into the station (passed the mesh), backing up, flying into the station (into the mesh), backing up, flying into the station, ect. Once, it flew all the way through the station, turned around and docked. I was able to sell at that point. Couple of times it would't dock at all, just kept formating on me.

Lateral thrusters appear to work now, but are so weak as to be ineffectual in any combat maneuver, and almost un-noticable in normal flight...except when at a complete stop.

Wingman set to group 1

More
17 years 3 months ago #15888 by Shingen
Ok.. let me know when you want me to stop. heheh

I thought it might be a bad savegame, so I started again. Normal setup - New game.

Twice I started with 0 cash and 0 fuel.

Finally, hired 6 pod wingman, saved and reloaded, refueled and set wingman to group 1, flew to Common Metal Mine, Alcuin

Purchased 6 pods Aluminum...so far so good. Able to buy pods without freighter being docked to station. Freighter collected pods, no problem.

Flew to Common Ore Processing, Alcuin. After waiting 10 mins for ships to clear, my wingman docked to station. Couldn't sell without docking first. No problems so far.

Max set speed for the tug seems to be 9999. Max set speed for the SnRV seems to 7999.

No crashes. Never left Alcuin system. Gonna stay here and see what happens.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15889 by cambragol
I don't think lateral thrusters is a bug, as their strength has been lowered as part of the combat rebalance. Part of the aim was to make the flight model more true to the original I-war, and more 'newtonian'. I made the ration about 10:1 for main thrusters to lateral thrusters on most ships (as I recall). This reflects the size difference of the main to lateral thrusters. Actually, most ships do not even have visible lateral thrusters. Just little puffs of air.

Essentially you should not be expecting a 'star wars' style combat sim what so ever. Such was the case in the original I-war, EoC and even more so in this rebalance.