Uspace Bugs version 11.3 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #16276 by ataribaby
Thats is great news! i just got separable comsec mod finaly working on vanila game install. Somewhat sweet but have a lot of bugs etc, maybe not easy to code it well. Great about comsecs. So we need another cockpit model for second one? i wanna try. I asked time ago how to make it but not get mood and time to actualy try model it. Now with Unstable Space mood is here :) BTW a little question. Is speed 9999 m/s final? or ship will accel even more beyond that and only SPEED HUD indication just get limited to 9999. Just curious [8)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16280 by GrandpaTrout
You mean go faster than that with standard thrusters? I don't know if anyone has tried it. You are welcome to try it. sims/ships/player/tug.ini has a

speed=(300, 300, 1000)

just change the last number to be very high. You can use floating point notation like 1e9. The see how fast you ship will go.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16285 by cambragol
I am pretty sure you can set the limit as high as you want. You can get up to LDS speeds if you set your top speed high enough and hold the thruster down. I think...

I also really like that detachable comsec mod. I should get it working in the final release perhaps. Now that we have the new loadout.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16288 by GrandpaTrout
A shame we don't have one of those hammerhead comsec models. I would like to fly a hammer head tug. And it would be nice to move the tug comsec way up high, so you could nose dock on cargo and still see over the pod. Solve the issue with the engines burning up your freight.

Is the comsec modeled in a modular fashion? Is it mostly the collision hull that would have to change?

More
17 years 3 months ago #16290 by cambragol
I could probably rig a hammer head model up if the demand was high enough. Possibly...There might be some issue with setting the textures up. If it is totally modular then it will easy. Making a new collision hull would also be easy.

I actually made an old dreadnaught corvette that can use the newer comsec. Maybe we could add that in too.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16293 by ataribaby
Great!!!! I definetly wanna try do some cockpits for Comsec modules.

Hammer Head comsec you mean thjat one you escaped with tug from prisson in vanilla game?