Uspace Bugs version 11.3 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #18953 by GrandpaTrout
This version tries to debug the missing lpoint route problem. At the Unigui select the Debug Flags menu item. Click the Capsule Space button. This will cause extra messages to be placed into the Flux.log. You need to do this each time you restart the game (that will be automated in the next release).

* This version has major changes to the ship acceleration values. Try to cause crashes and see if these values are "safe enough".

* It also adds code for tracking down wingman deaths. It will leave a waypoint at the location the wingman died. If you hear Jaffs say your wingmen are dead, look at the contact list for the waypoint, and fly back to see what happened.

* Wingmen are now moved to a safe location during jump. This should solve some wingmen death issues and eliminate the ghost wingmen. Let me know if you still see them.

* There is a fix so that the default player start is used if the player does no selection and just presses the start button.

Please use this thread to report bugs you find in Unstable Space version 11.2 Thanks to everyone who takes the time to help us out. The sooner we get the basic features stable, the better for everyone.

We want to know about crashes immediatly. However, if you have not played the standard game since your last hardware upgrades or Windows updates, then please try the standard game without the mod (rename your unstable space mods folder to mods_us is all it takes to uninstall the mod). If you are seeing crashes in the standard game, it is a hardware or driver issues. If the crashes go away, it is probably a bug in USpace.

Writing a good bug report:

If the bug is not a crash, try to get it to happen twice before you report the bug. The moment you see the bug a second time, pause your game. Write down: The exact station name or lpoint. The system name. Which start did you use.
Then list the steps that you did to get the bug to happen the second time. It does not have to be super complex. Here is a good example:

"I was in LDS approaching station Emerald STC in Emerald, with my freighters in formation, when suddenly they vanished. I paused and saw they were 100,000km away. And the distance to the station was 250km. I had my wingmen vanish once before, but I was approaching Etcom Common metals in Alcuin."

Once you have written down the specifics, save your game. Make a new folder with the bug name "vanishing_wingmen". And put a copy of the save game and flux.log file into the folder. Then if we need them to find the issue, you can send them in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16150 by oldwarrior40k
ok I am still having the same issue as last night.

btw, just for the record the file size for this download shows at 177megs.

here r my sys stats:

AMD Athlon 64 Processer
3800+
2.70 Ghz
1 GB of ram
Radieon 9800 XT
windows xp pro
screen resoul at 1680 x 1050

Hope this helps
oldwarrior40k

More
17 years 3 months ago #16151 by oldwarrior40k
file size is 117 megs sorry for the typo

More
17 years 3 months ago #16153 by GrandpaTrout
Shingen was able to make this work by uninstalling EoC and reinstalling it.

Are you using the standard game? Any other mods, or hacks or anything? Which drive are you installing it on? What is your install directory?

I expect if we get enough info posted, the pattern will get clear.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16154 by oldwarrior40k
Hello GrandpaTrout: Ok, I see where u r going with this. I will run a bunch of tests to see if I can get the file to load. I will report back by sat evening with my results.
oldwarrior40k

More
17 years 3 months ago #16156 by GrandpaTrout
I will install to the default location and see if it breaks. If you are putting your install somewhere else, please post!

It could be a path length issue on some machines. If the install is failing try installing EoC to c:\iwar2 instead of the default path and let me know how that goes.

If anyone is having trouble with the install, please post. And post the file system type that your install drive is using.