Uspace Bugs version 11.3 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #16225 by GrandpaTrout
Hi Ataribaby,
We are alpha testing, so the player is given a lot of good equipment at the start on the ship. But no good equipment is placed into the inventory. So when you go inside the station, you loose the good equipment on the ship. (this is how EoC is designed).

When we setup the game for real play, there will not be good start equipment on the ship.

Your right, we should add the comm section instead of the life pod.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16226 by ataribaby
Ahh thats make sense :) Also when i flew out of base ship also lost its name and get new one "Player_Ship" or something like that (fuel lost too). I think it is same reason as you sayed for equipment maybe. So for testing never ever enter station. Rgr. Yeah ComSec will be so cool. Years ago i downloaded separable ComSec mod that allow separate as in IW1. Never get it working. Anyway separating ComSec on destroing ship is fair and nice enought ;) Btw how is ComSec for player handled? Just curious if i can buy new Comsec and keep ship or ComSec type is always tied to new buyed ship?

More
17 years 3 months ago #16233 by GrandpaTrout
Ah, I just remembered why we don't use the comsec. The storm_petrel does not have one. And we have a limitation of only 5 player ships, so we don't want two life pods.

Once we code a new loadout package (a way to mount weapons and equipment on the player ships) we will be free of that limitation and we can have different life pods.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16235 by Shingen
I keep getting alot of bad saves, and can't figure out why. Anyone else having problems with savegames?

More
17 years 3 months ago #16236 by GrandpaTrout
The more details the better. What start? Where are you? What kind of save (how was it done)? How far have you gotten in the game, etc?

I am assuming that the save game won't load, or crashes your game and that defines "bad"? (send the saves to me. it would be helpful to take a look at them.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16271 by GrandpaTrout
Thanks Ataribaby for finding that bug launching from the player base. Instead of waste more time trying to get that base working, I spent the time coding a small loadout GUI. I am adding the active sensor upgrades at the same time.

We should be able to have two comsecs now!