Epic: Middle States bug reports

More
18 years 6 months ago #13764 by Shane

Could those who are seeing the black screen bug post system specs and as much detail about the crash as possible. I have never seen one. No beta tester reported one, so I don't have much to go on.

Processor: 1.1Ghz
Memory: 512 MB
Video (2 cards/dual monitors)
Card 1: Intel 82810E Graphics Controller
Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (64 MB)

EoC runs on the NVIDIA card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13765 by GrandpaTrout
Esraven: Thanks for the point about the SNRV. We will fix that. Your right about the communications keybinding. The C was logical, but it does change the target contact. We should move it.

Mdvalley: The EoC loadout screen only allows 5 ships. Comsec, Tug, Patcom, Corvette, and StormPetral. I used the comsec for the life pod.

The real solution here is a custom coded ship loadout feature. A custom loadout that can handle any kind of ship. Then we would not be limited. And a player could upgrade his wingmen also. EricMan64 wrote one for his Gold Rush mod. And we are working together on a new one.

Cargo pod spewing: I think it is a great idea. But it will be slow, and some players will hate the delay. So what I thought would work well for everyone, is that if the player has a cargo ship docked on the cargo port, then the trade screen will spew pods. And the Trade screen will not let you buy more pods than you have free cargo docks.

This is all easy to do. The only problem is that the current traffic scripts keep taking the cargo dock. So the player can never get to use it. Once Traffic gets coded, we will be able to change the traffic scripts to allow the player a chance to use the loading port. Then the mod will feel just like sitting in Hong Kong harbor watching the ships load and unload.

Don't let me discourage you from doing some programming however! The full source to Epic is included in the release. And getting even a small program working now means that you can pitch in on features. We are always looking for more POG programmers.

(And thanks for the system specs!)

More
18 years 6 months ago #13768 by mdvalley
I’m working on the spewer one step at a time. At the moment, what I’m going to try to get it to do is instead of the pods magically appearing when you buy them, they get spit out of the spewer. Eventually I want it to be able to tell if you docked with a freighter, spit out the pods and autodock them to you, just like the traffic ships. Hopefully by then, you and EricMan will have gotten a nifty loadout going. But a mod of ten thousand lines must begin with a single keystroke.

I had to alter tEpicTrade.pog to get it to build. In two places you gave tPodUtil.CreateCargoPod a string where it wanted an enumeration. (Once under BuyPressed and once under UnloadPressed.) Hopefully iSim.Type(cargo) will fill in. It built okay, but it’s getting late. I will make sure it works as-is tomorrow, then fill in my spewer code and try it. Perhaps I should start a new thread for all this.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13769 by GrandpaTrout
Yes, please do start another thread.

Sorry, tEpicTrade is no longer used. tETradeBuy.pog and tETradeSell.pog. Please send me an email so we can talk over what you are attempting.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13780 by cambragol
Grandpa, I have noticed that certain sounds, particularly the LDSI inhibit sound, are being lost after a while. Not sure why, but I expect it has something to do with the sounds priority. I am going to look into it a little more. Is anyone else noticing the absence of the LDSI inhibit sound? It should be audible at every station in the cluster.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13782 by kisu1492
hi there.
first off, thanks for putting this together. it looks really cool.
However, i am playing the new game and when i buy the tug it won't let me launch because the tug is not "space worthy" because it hasno passive sensors. then i am stuck. i can't add them in the loadout.
i started the game again, and it only gave me 9000 credits, whcih wasn't even enough to buy the tug. any ideas?