Epic: Middle States bug reports

More
18 years 5 months ago #14012 by CutterJohn
The issue with the L-points only occurs when the destination is set to another system. If no destination is set, or hasn't been saved, you can autopilot to it fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14013 by CutterJohn
No edit button?

Anyway, by destination i mean if you are in Alcuin, and the Hoel L-point has been manually set to a destination in another system. In this case, if you select the Hoel L-point and try to autopilot to it, you get the out of system error.

I end up always having to use the location finder to get to the L-points because of this.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14031 by tombe0
This bug popped up in my game, I don't really mind it myself since it makes things a bit more interesting, but here's the info =>

After few cargo runs between Alcuin and Belodva (or what ever it's called :D ) I noticed that when leaving the station and targeting the L-Point made autopilot non-operative with "Out-System" error appearing in the hud message area.

Since you can still fly there manually and the distances ain't that big, I don't really mind it :)

More
18 years 5 months ago #14143 by Zakalwe
Hi,

just tried you`re mod, great game so far.

Asked this today in the shout-box, it seems the mod is compatible with the German game.

Only problem: I seem to get the CTD`s some players are reporting when approaching stations on autopilot. As I started the game today, so I only cycled between the common mine and refining plant. Game crashes when the station just showed up and grew bigger. Screen goes black for a second and then I`m on the Desktop.

System specs:

Athlon 2700+, 1 Gig RAM, 9700pro 128 Megs, Audigy Gamer, Asus A7N8X Rev. 1

Greets

Z.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14163 by Zakalwe
update:

played the game yesterday afternoon for several hours, not a single crash.

I was saving the game after every "sell" action though, maybe it is related to not saving for longer periods?

Greets

Z.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14165 by cambragol
Hi Zakalwe,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game and got in a lot of crash free game time. We are aware of the 'approaching station' ctd bug. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce it ourselves. So if anyone has a save game just prior to one of these CTD's, it could help us to solve this problem. It seems to be the only remaining ctd bug the game has.