Which other games are you playing now?

More
8 years 9 months ago #19718 by RichardSkinner
So... the witcher 3 is a masterpiece by the way, but at one point I was in town talking with some gaurd and a swear it was the voice actor who played Smith in EOC.

I'm sure people have already checked out EOC's imdb page but if you havent those things are always cool to look at. Its interesting to look at the voice actors and see all the other media they have contributed too.

www.imdb.com/title/tt1064882/

Stanley Townsend was Smiths voice guy and he was in the original Witcher game, but not listed in Witcher 2 or 3 but I swear hes in the 3rd one. You can't really mistake the voice, its a good Hollywood voice (he's done a few Pixars films) and he lends well to fantacy and adventure stuff.

The Priceline Negotiator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #19831 by Chessking
In the last month, I have downloaded a couple dozen games that I will probably never play through. The first one is Space Engine. After looking at Limit Theory and other games that have much more appealing environments than EOC, I searched for a supplement. I found this site. Space Engine is a very neat program. I would not call it a game, since it isn't especially fun, but instead a planetarium/space simulator. The renderings are incredible, and the soundtrack is awesome.

Then I started looking into other Dos games. I found one called Elite. This Elite is the precursor to the modern Elite: Dangerous and is awesome in many ways. You can make money by trading, bounty hunting, pirating, and mining. The game also has its downfalls. They make for interesting gameplay, but are not realistic. your ship cannot stop moving at any time. It cannot go backwards, strafe, and has no yaw controls. The stations are constantly rotating, making docking a perilous task. Also, if you collide with another ship, it will drain one of your energy units, but destroy the other ship. On the other hand, their are some super awesome things about Elite. I watched this twenty-two minute documentary about it and learned these things: Elite was the first 3-D game ever made, it was the first 3-D space simulator ever made (obviously), it used procedural content generation, and it was only 22k large, using almost every byte of memory houshold computers had those days. The game also has a save function, but in the version I got, there is a glitch preventing it from working right. The fix for this is here .

Other games for DosBox:
Scorched Earth //mother of all games
Elite Plus //A version of elite with more colors
Boulderdash
Dig Dug //a fairly boring game, but one that I have played before.
Outer Ridge
fighter wing
Armada 2525 //an extremely complicated space strategy game
Mechwarrior //the original
Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries
Mechwarrior 2: 31st century combat //with expansion pack
//will get Mechwarrior 4 for windows
Bruce Lee Lives: the fall of Hong Kong Palace
Bruce Lee

Games for Windows:
Mechcommander 2 //I downloaded the source code for this since my CD:DVD drive stopped working. It //includes the finished version, with another version that runs much smoother on my computer, but has //a few minor glitches.
Celestia
Orbiter 2010

Games for the Mame arcade game emulator: //These, along with Dig Dug, were on a Namco //Plug'n'Play I had. and are the only old arcade games I am personally familiar with
Galaga
Bosconian
Rally-X

Like I said, I doubt I will play through all of them.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #19940 by schmatzler
I've played through SOMA in the last few days and it's one of the best horror games I've ever played.

The same guys who did Penumbra and Amnesia in the past took at least 3 years to make another, very well polished game.

The storyline is very futuristic - you had an accident and lost your wife. Your brain is permanently damaged, so the only ones who can help you may be two students working on their thesis about some brain healing technology.

You are scanned in their whacky lab and the next thing you know is that you wake up in the future. Under water. Are you human? Machines around you seem to act like humans, everything is rotting and falling into pieces and you are being followed by strange beings.

The graphics of this game are amazing, I've never felt so immersed with a game in a long time. One of the biggest AAA titles of this (or last?) year.

Oh, I also tried to enjoy Alien: Isolation directly afterwards and with that combination it looks really cheap. Cheap jumpscares, cheap graphics, overall just bad gameplay for me. Should've done it the other way around.

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 5 months ago #19941 by 7upMan
I'm currently watching the Let's Play with German YouTuber Gronkh. It's not a game I'd ever play (although I do own Amnesia and Outlast), but watching someone else have heart attacks is kind of funny. ;-)

More
8 years 5 months ago #19942 by Sarxis
I play a lot of Kerbal Space Program these days, as well as Minecraft. I really want to finally... FINALLY.. play through Freespace 2 (Another game I've owned since release but never played).

Also a lot of Boardgames. Just started playing Firefly: The Game and loving it!

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #19955 by Arkos

7upMan wrote: Thank you. By the way, can you tell me again what kind of joystick setup you use? I wonder if my Thrustmaster Flightstick X ( www.thrustmaster.com/products/tflight-stick-X ) will be up for the job.

Hi all...

Old Soundblaster PCI Cards have a Gameport. Such as Creative Audigy Soundblasters.

There are also Custom Driverpacks for up to Windows 10 32/64Bit

Drivers you can find here....

forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=715369