Which other games are you playing now?

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #19956 by 7upMan
Thank you. My last Soundblaster with a gameport is a Soundblaster Live! PCI card (which I still have), which I switched for a Asus Xonar. Unfortunately, Creative doesn't offer drivers for the SB live! for OSes higher than WinXP, so I had to switch the card and also switch my trusty old Logitech Wingman Extreme for a Thrustmaster Flightstick X (mentioned above).

In the end, I'm glad I did, because the Asus card offers better sound options, and the Thrustmaster joystick offers not only a throttle control but also has a rotating handle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #19957 by schmatzler

Unfortunately, Creative doesn't offer drivers for the SB live! for OSes higher than WinXP

I have a Live!, too. It still works on Windows 10 using the open source KX drivers.

www.kxproject.com/

Unfortunately, Gameport support has been removed after Windows Vista and can only be hacked into 32bit versions of Windows.

But I can play with my Gameport joystick on Linux, they're still supporting it :P

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 2 months ago #20085 by schmatzler
I've now played through "Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines".

Two times.

I'm 60 hours in and there's still no end to it. I think I can choose between 8 different races of vampires, all with their own unique abilities and dialogue choices.

The game has an excellent soundtrack by Rik Schaffer (who released 12 new ones last year which were put into the unofficial patch) and I'm really wondering why Vampires stopped being cool.

I know it's totally different from my usual games, but it's the best I've ever played, I think. Sorry, I-War. :whistle:

Space. The final frontier.

More
7 years 9 months ago #20259 by oftheborg
Hm... not much going on here lately. 5 months ago. :P

I actually haven't been playing PC games for almost a decade. The last games I was playing as I resigned myself to a laptop for travelling purposes were Sins of a Solar Empire and Age of wonders.

I went out and bought a used 360 and PS3 about 10 and 8 years ago respectively, but I had to make a decision with the new systems coming out. Since I didn't like their options and I heard THe Roberts brothers were on the move again, I decided to sell my systems and build my own PC again.

So, at the moment, I'm playing these games.
Star Citizen
EoC - to enjoy the story and practice my flying for SC.
And a little gem I found for 60% off this weekend on steam. Windward.
I'm also looking forward to No Man's Sky this fall.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #20260 by Chessking
This used to be one of several threads that everyone would post in after registering... good job finding it!

I have been playing I-War 1 some more, and Railroad Tycoon 2: The Three Continents demo, on an XP virtual machine. (For some reason my XP host can't play them, even though it used to be able to play RT2.)

I was on the Space Sim Central forum recently, and heard of a game called Shores of Hazeron. It has a monthly payment method and low quality graphics, so I a not going to buy it, but the game is quite unique. You start out on your home planet with almost nothing, build a city, and eventually become the emperor of a giant inter galactic empire with a huge space fleet at your disposal. You have to design the ships, and they are nice and big. The ship editor and a very limited single-player game mode are available without paying, so technically I have been playing it. Some people consider this to be a near-perfect space game.

At the same time, I was reminded about Oolite, and have been playing it a little.

In addition, I just bought a second copy of Farming Simulator 2013 so that I can play multiplayer with my family.

It feels good to be using this thread again.

P.S. It took me over a year to play through I-War 2, and many others, including the admin, have never played through.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #20262 by oftheborg
That sounds like a cool game. I have to pick and choose the games I play. I don't want to get sucked up into too many. lol And I'm really liking the current trend of non-linear games popping up.

I'm also finding that after 6 or 7 hours of playing. Windward is actually a really good little game for $10. It's normally $30. :P And it's pretty multiplayer friendly.

I wonder if I'll get through the entire game. :P I usually complete the games I purchase.