Which other games are you playing now?

More
9 years 3 months ago #19243 by schmatzler
Trying to get some life back into this little edge of chaos. B)

While I really like I-War 2 so far, I can't play it for days straight without going mental.

Which games are you playing besides I-War or after you finished it?

Currently I'm playing diaspora.hard-light.net/ very frequently. It's free, it's in the Battlestar universe, it has professional voice acting and a well-done soundtrack. Could be commercial, except that it isn't. ;)

The only thing that frustrated me the first few hours are the billions of controls and the horrible default layout. But it's worth it to learn them.

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #19244 by Chessking
I have been playing a game called Drome Racers, an old Lego racing game. I downloaded the soundtrack recently, and it is so good I just had to play the game again.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 3 months ago #19245 by IronDuke
(Takes deep breath)
I play Freespace 1 and 2, Space Engine, Vega Strike, Space Empires IV, and Moon Tycoon. That's just the space related games, and I'm sure I've missed a couple. The list will get a lot bigger this year.
Unrelated to space (mostly) I play Anno 2070, CNC3, all three Roller Coaster Tycoon games, RenegadeX, Age of Empires III, Combat Flight Simulator 3, Flight Simulator X (a lot!), various LEGO games for PC, IL-2, LOTR Battle for Middle-earth 1 and 2 and its expansion, Mech Commander 2, and Blazing Angels 1 and 2.
(Sound of panting)
These are the games that I play the most right now, and I may have missed several. Also, there are around thirty games I have that I do not play often. (Once every eight months, say.)
Despite this large amount of gaming, I still find time to work on several of my own game projects simultaneously, write two huge books, read around three huge books per week, work on school, eat, sleep eight hours, and still get bored for thirty whole seconds sometimes!
Sounds exhausting when I write it, and it is, but I wouldn't have it any other way. There's nothing like having so much to do that you get a sense of achievement when you manage to work on more than thirty percent of the stuff each month. The only thing that upsets the terrifyingly tight schedule is when I purchase a new game and take a week to put it through its paces, wring it inside out, and hang it up to dry, then realize I-War2 gathered a little dust. (And that, as we all know, is always a disaster... ;)) Elite Dangerous is probably next, and if not, then Diaspora. Looks like an interesting game, schmatzler, and...
(Drum roll)
It's free!!
Always nice.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #19246 by schmatzler
Wow, that's...impressive! :ohmy:

I'm not such a big gamer. Most of the time I do web-related stuff on my computer. And I'm a big TV series addict.

However, I do play some old classics regularly. I'm fairly good at "No One Lives Forever" Multiplayer and I'm also playing "Blood 2" sometimes.

One of my favorite games is TRON 2.0, where you play as a program inside of a computer - I can really identify with that geeky plot.

I played I-War 2 as a kid with a horrible joystick that even broke after some sounds. Recently I acquired a SideWinder and that got me back into the space simulators.

I just found Diaspora by accident when I searched for the TV show on Google. Some weeks ago I installed Freespace but when I saw that I had to edit a big bunch of INI files just to get widescreen, I didn't want to play it anymore.

I'm also a casual racing gamer...SEGA All Stars Racing, Blur, Need for Speed, Split/Second...all the fun stuff. But not regularly.

I never played Roller Coaster Tycoon like you, but Zoo Tycoon is pretty awesome. They have raptors! :D

Space. The final frontier.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #19247 by Chessking
I have Mechcommander 2, and it is a great game. I actually got it in the same box as Edge of Chaos. I have several of the construction type games, including Roller Coaster Tycoon Gold Edition, Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon/Marine Mania/Dinosaur Digs, Railroad Tycoon 2 (demo version but still fun), and John Deere American Farmer. I also have several good Star Wars games. I alternate among each of these occasionally. You guys have a good taste!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 3 months ago #19249 by trooper
I started playing EVE in 2007. got frustrated and switched to STO when it came out. played that for about 4 years until I got so bored...lol
started pulling old games off the shelf and got Masters of Orion working with dosbox. got Birth of the Federation running again and played some Fallout 2.
I ended up back in EVE, where I'm playing atm. talking to a corp friend about old games lead me here....:)
I'm re-installing EoC and will see if I can get it working again too.