Which other games are you playing now?

More
9 years 1 month ago #19350 by drkanukie
Iwar 2 of course quick combat and the odd mission, Elite Dangerous but its getting really dull, occasional Star Citizen but its buggy and melts your hardware, Waiting for Homeworld HD Reboot, DCS world and Cliffs of Dover and Silent hunter IV & V. Also WC III & IV and X-Wing Alliance from GOG. Also have a passion for Star Shatter. Just bought the Battlecruiser compendium but its nuts (so hard to on board).

Hardware swapped Sidewinder FF2 (USB) for Saitek x52 Pro and a Track IR - which is great. I do love the SWFF2 but not enough buttons.

--
on the edge of chaos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #19367 by Chessking
I actually left out a bunch of the mods I may use when I re-play EOC. Here is an updated list: Elite, Future Trader, Station Assault, Ifleet, the Babylon 5 station, Custom Jafs, the retro ships pack, Audio Overhaul mod, BigComSec HC(maybe), ComSec_Multimod(allows to undock ComSec), Repair Ship mod, Station Save, SYN MP3 PLAYER, Waypoint Utilities, Xaereaux's base mover mod, location finder, Free Form mod, Manual Countermeasures, no launch Sequence, challenge course v2, and Improved Tug (sith sound fixes). Let's see how many of them work at the same time! Of course, Multimod and Unigui are necessary.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 4 days ago #19384 by schmatzler
I just played through a Half-Life 2-Mod called

"Mistake of Pythagoras"

There are only few Singleplayer modifications out there with really good quality. This is one of them. Giant numbers are falling out of the sky, creepy "things" that look like pieces of architecture are coming to life and attack the humans.

Actually, a portal has been opened to a world where math doesn't exist and you fight back - with math.

This is so original and crazy, I highly recommend it. Also, there are buildings from Claude Nicolas Ledoux in it! :P

Space. The final frontier.

More
9 years 3 days ago #19397 by 7upMan
I recently finished NaissanceE and "Mind: Path to Thalamus" (do have a look at the YouTube Let's Plays), which I can both recommend if you're looking for something unconventional. Also, I'm playing The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 right now with my kids. It's a lot of family-friendly fun!

Homeworld Remastered is a thing of beauty (I had actually stepped out of my way to pre-order the game), but the HW1 part is not there yet. Formations don't work, fighters don't use fuel anymore, rendering support frigates nearly useless and lots of little annoying stuff. But Gearbox is actively patching the game, so I do hope that the bugs will be fixed toon. Also, Steam Workshop is integrated in the game, so adding mods is child's play. I definitely recommend giving the game a try.

More
9 years 1 day ago #19410 by Chessking
I have one other space-sim beside Independence War. it is called INCA II, and was released in 1994. The prequel was released in 1992. It is a DOS game, so I run it with DOS-BOX. It is very interesting. You play as Incans flying spaceships. In the prequel, the Incans were fighting the Spanish, in spaceships.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19429 by schmatzler

Chessking wrote: I have one other space-sim beside Independence War. it is called INCA II

I love old DOS Games and wanted to give this a try, but then I saw the horrible real actors and their "voice acting" on Youtube:

It's so hilarious! :D I don't know if I really want to play this. :lol:

But to be fair, there seems to be a version without this stuff in it.

When we're talking about DOS Games, I have a lot of games I still enjoy playing. I had them back in the old days when I was little and knew nothing about doing websites and such. :whistle:

- Extreme Assault from Bluebyte Interactive:

This is one of the best and latest DOS games that were made. 3Dfx graphics up to XGA, Joystick + Force Feedback support and the ability to fly helicopters and drive tanks to destroy everything! It never gets old for me :)

- I also love playing all the Commander Keen Games, they are on Steam now:

store.steampowered.com/app/9180/

- and Project Paradise. That's a top-down shooter with some RPG elements, pretty nice for that era. You can play a soldier, a hacker and a magician fighting against evil things from the underworld:

Space. The final frontier.