Which other games are you playing now?

More
9 years 3 months ago #19250 by cambragol
I play Crusader Kings 2 a lot. Sometime Moebius, the Orb of Celestial Harmony. Other than that, I dabble in Fallout New Vegas, and Stalker, but mainly modding them. To be truthful I don't really play any games, just muck about modding them. That's how I play them.
Haven't really seen a lot of games in recent years that interested me much. Particularly in the space sim genre. Everything seems to have gone a different direction than I-war did. It's all part of the growth in gaming in general. Big titles have to market to the masses now, which dictates the limits of their potential.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #19265 by 7upMan
While I myself play the F2P games Mechwarrior Online and World of Tanks a lot, I also have a huuuuge backlog of games that don't get the attention they deserve. Currently I have Mass Effect 2 on my table, have finished NaissanceE together with my kids (they are watching my play the game) as well as some adventures (Deponia trilogy and The Book of Unwritten Tales). As soon as Mass Effect 2 is done, I'll finish The Witcher 2 and start the Bioshock games.

At the same time, I like watching Let's Plays on YouTube. I don't see myself ever buying Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect, but it's a lot of fun to watch others play.

By the way, my personal favorites are Nexus, Homeworld (the first game, although I like the controls of the second game a lot better) and Ground Control (again the first game, the second one just sucks in every regard except graphics). Oh, and Dungeon Keeper II is a big favorite of mine. I won't even mention the I-War series, as that should be a given for anyone active on this site. ;-)

More
9 years 3 months ago #19291 by danslb
Recently beat System Shock 2 for the first time. I was recently playing Crusader Kings 2 as well. I plan on playing the Witcher 1 when I finish reading the books (half way through the last volume now). And of course, just picked up I-war 1 and hoping to finish that and continue with EoC.

More
9 years 3 months ago #19292 by Chessking
Add to my list Farming Simulator 2013, Diaspora (although I may not keep it), and Independence War 1: Deluxe.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #19303 by schmatzler

Chessking wrote: Diaspora (although I may not keep it)

Why not? I'm really addicted to it now, that's why I put EoC far away. The fights are very cinematic and the voiceover mission briefings...I feel like in an extended, interactive part of the TV show. :)

The Force Feedback effects are quite good, too. You can even feel your ship shaking when a Cylon is flying at high-speed directly over your head - wohooo! :lol: :silly:

I'm also playing Cry of Fear at the moment - it's available for free on Steam and one of the scaries games I've ever played - apart from System Shock II (Shodan just makes me shiver).

Space. The final frontier.

More
9 years 2 months ago #19305 by Chessking
The problem is the language. As a Christian, the language used in the game doesn't appeal to me. Independence war did pretty well, though.

After I play through the games mentioned above, I want to replay I-War 2, with Elite, Future Trader, Station Assault, Ifleet, the Babylon 5 station, Custom Jafs, and the retro ships pack (almost done). I also have to play Gold Rush, Torn Stars, and the Assembly.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel