compress Which other games are you playing now?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #20264 by oftheborg
Has anyone else taken the Star Citizen plunge? I know the alpha isn't even near to being a full game, but what they have so far is pretty impressive. Having 10-15 people get into and run around inside the larger ships and fill it's crew spots and then have to repel hostile boarders was probably one of the coolest moments I've experienced in the game.

As for how windward plays here is a cool video play along of the game.

hahaha!!! wrong URL. I fixed it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #20266 by Chessking
Windward looks pretty cool.

I have no plans for Star Citizen. It looks really good, but also really expensive. I am waiting for Limit Theory to come out. This game fuels my programmer side as much as my gamer side. :cheer:

I have to pick and choose the games I play. I don't want to get sucked up into too many.

Definitely. I have more games than I could ever play already. :P

Shares of Hazeron costs $10 per month, which adds up to $120 per year. It s far more expensive then most games, and is not even considered a "finished" game.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 8 months ago #20267 by IronDuke
Currently I play an imperial butt-ton of World of Warships, as well as Elite: Dangerous, and Stardew Valley. I'm not bothering with SC for now. I tried it on a free-fly week, and the game was so unbelievably buggy that I couldn't even get into a ship that ordinarily is $40. The physics would glitch out and I'd be bouncing oddly inside the ship until I'd finally manage to get out through one of the walls. I wasn't impressed at all, even though it's just an alpha. :|
I'm not nearly as enamored with sandbox/open world space games as others are. LT will be cheaper than other space games, and the community is amazing, and there are things that game can do that no other game can. So I'll be getting that one when it's released. Really though, I'm starting to get nostalgic for the hordes of space games in the nineties that all had linear story lines, especially I-War2. The space game I'm really waiting for is my own.

--IronDuke

P.S. I saw someone say it took them over a year to complete I-War2 the first time, so I'll list my numbers as well. :whistle: It took me nine months the first time. I was seven starting and finished when I was eight. I played it on a '99 black Dell laptop that was below the minimum specifications, using a regular keyboard I plugged into the PS2 port. I played it five days a week for hours every day. I think I ended up putting well over a thousand hours into the game before finishing it. By now I probably have over ten thousand hours. Playthroughs take me two weeks now, as I can simply blaze through the combat missions.
/pointlessramblingbrag

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #20268 by oftheborg
Sounds cool. I'm sort of old. lol. So my first space sim was WCIII in 94? I think. I was blown away. It was so cool.

As far as SC goes. It's understandable if you want to wait. Especially if you're not really into sandbox games. But, I can tell you that in the last patch, you don't bounce around inside the ships anymore. I had the same problem with both of my ships. But now he sort of latches on and then makes himself stand on the floor in the ship. And your head doesn't poke out of the hull as much.

As I said, one of the coolest moments of the game so far is when about 15 of us manned one of the larger ships and took it out on missions. Pretty impressive. =)

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #20269 by AdmiralZeratul
I'm only 22, myself. I think I was the same age as young Cal when I first played I-War 2, too. I was so shit at the game, it's not even funny. Couldn't even get past the starting missions with the Storm Petrel. :lol:

Nowadays, I actually play a variety of games, but other than I-War 2, I've recently played Hearts of Iron IV, Freedom Planet, Warthunder, Oblivion, Sid Meier's Pirates, the Lego Star Wars games, and various others. The only types of game I really don't like are MMOs and horror. I never really got the appeal of those.

Overthinking is kind of a habit of mine.

More
7 years 6 months ago #20347 by Chessking
I have started playing the Command and Conquer games recently. I love the immense amount of tactics in the game. The first game I got was actually a mod called Dawn of the Tiberium Age. The mod works on Windows 8 without virtualization; it is quite up to date. In skirmish and multiplayer, you can play as the sides from both the Tiberium wars series and the Red Alert series. They are surprisingly well matched.

So when I first started the game up, I clicked on "New Campaign". And then I selected the first campaign on the list. Makes sense, right? Well, I didn't see the tutorial missions down below, and the campaign's difficulty level was ranked "very hard". It is definitely hard. However, this pushed me to realize the amount of strategy required to master the game.

I have been playing it with my brother in LAN mode, fighting various AI opponents. I can only imagine fighting a person who had been playing C&C for most of their life.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel