I war-2 revamp unity 3d

More
8 years 11 months ago #19589 by RichardSkinner
Did you download those avatars Chessking? I can't figure out how.. Do I need to install one of those repository programs or something?

Even so, I just finished painstakingly converting all the usible models from the game to .fbx and put them in unity... i don't think I want to go through that again :sick:

The Priceline Negotiator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19590 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic I war-2 revamp unity 3d
For convenience, here is the link to the page Cambrogal posted:
development.torn-stars.com/unstablespace...e/avatars?order=name
You cannot download entire folders as far as I know, but you can download individual files. Just follow the tree down as far as it will go, and there will be a download option (except for the .lws files, which can be copy/pasted into Notepad and saved as an .lws, I believe).

Also, I think I may have figured out why you got the black noise when trying to open a .RAW with Photoshop. I double checked, and you need to convert the .ftu's to RAW instead of the .ftc's. In fact, you may need to delete the .ftc's to keep them from interfering with the .iff's once the RAWs have been converted into .iff format. I tried to open an .ftc and it matched your description.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19607 by RichardSkinner
So my original idea (for making Hoffers Wake in a single unity scene) turned out to be rubbish. the parenting thing didn't work so I fell back on this script that moves the world around the player, which works just fine, but the editor won't zoom out far enough to give me the accuracy when placing the visitible locations. Some stations can be very close togeather or close to planets and im not able to represent that acuratly, I need a better way.

So I am playing with a few other ideas, One of which is that the imediate area around a station would be a seperate scene. Which I don't fully understand how I would do that yet..

And another is when you get close to a station, it will spawn spawn a larger zone around it for the player to navigate in while the positions of orbital bodies are attached to the player so they dont appear to be moving towards/away. That is way easier to explain by scribbling on a napkin then posting in a fourm.

but the good news is I got the auto pilot approach working pretty well. Once I develope all the autopilots then it should make A.I. ship navigation a breeze.

because I have been working on mostley scripts I have nothing cool to show, but I will post this pick of a nova heavy cruiser from inside the cockpit just because why not :side:

The Priceline Negotiator
Attachments:

More
8 years 11 months ago #19608 by Chessking
Just a quick comment: you're backgrounds look really good.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19609 by RichardSkinner
Thanks! I actually got it from the asset store, part of a pack, it was $5. They need some tweaking thought because you can see seems as you fly around.

And it has planets and suns in it that I need to erase, all the planets and suns will be physical locations in game so I cant have any painted into the background.

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 11 months ago #19611 by Chessking
What is especially interesting to me is that the nebulas don't look like they are part of the background, built into the skybox. In Independence War and other space games, It looks more painted on and solid.

Storm Petrel