I war-2 revamp unity 3d

More
8 years 11 months ago #19564 by RichardSkinner
woo nav testing!

The Priceline Negotiator
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19575 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic I war-2 revamp unity 3d
Cambrogal just made a post in the 3D models topic. He has a link to a website with converted file formats for the resource folder. At the lowest level of the site, Cambrogal says this:

This update adds all the converted textures and models in the unzipped resource folder. The models are in a modern LWO format and contain working UVs. Conversion back to pso objects will require Jaspers conversion tools.

I'm not sure, but I think working UV's is what we need to get textures working properly in Blender/3DMax/Unity.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19580 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic I war-2 revamp unity 3d
IFF textures, sweet! Might be just what's needed. I was planning on using the I-War2 ship models as standins during development of my space game, and also 'cause it's funny, for some reason.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #19586 by Chessking
Test the Phoenix by having it fight a Dreadnaught. :P

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19587 by Chessking
I found a program called IrfanView. It can open RAW and IFF files. It can not edit them, but can convert into JPEG. These files can be converted back into RAW but not IFF.

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19588 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic I war-2 revamp unity 3d

Chessking wrote: Test the Phoenix by having it fight a Dreadnaught. :P

Actually, the Phoenix could clobber two Dreadnaughts... :evil: It's considerably more powerful because my space game is in the 26th century, so the tech is a couple hundred years ahead. It would have trouble with a heavy Navy destroyer though.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)