I war-2 revamp unity 3d

More
8 years 11 months ago #19546 by RichardSkinner
ill try it when I get home from work. if its that simple I can't believe no one hasn't saved them all as jpegs and uploaded them to the site in all these years

The Priceline Negotiator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19547 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic I war-2 revamp unity 3d
I found a program called reaConverter which can convert between IFF and JPEG. I am not sure if it is safe, and there are many download sites, so I will test it on an extra Virtual Machine. If it is a virus, I can just delete the VM. :lol:

I found the official website, and it looks safe, especially since there are paid versions with more capabilities.

Admin note: Please don't double post, as it may annoy users subscribed to this thread.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19548 by Chessking
Sorry for the double post. I looked into reaConverter, and got it working. Here are the JPEGs for the Q-Storm.

File Attachment:

File Name: Result.zip
File Size:134 KB

I tried these in Blender, but it didn't work right, so I decided not to work on textures for the time being.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel
Attachments:

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19549 by RichardSkinner
Yeah I've moved on as well for now.

Right now I am building a scene in unity and using the HDTV star map files from the downloads as reference for all my distances. going to start some full scale testing on navigation. I hope I can get something working. Maybe I will post a unity build for people to test and try to break.

I am trying to factor down the distances as much as humanly possible, 1 unity unit = 10,000km, except around where traffic spawns, then its 1:1

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 11 months ago #19561 by RichardSkinner
man, I want to sit down and work on some flight mechanics but at the same time I totally wanna sit down and player through EOC one more time lol

Whats the best mod to use nowadays that people are using that doesn't totally change the game (like torn stars or Babylon 5)

I played unleashed, elite, and expert before, all have things I love about them, but all of them have things that kinda bug me and I go in them and try to change things and ultimately break them so I can't finish the game.

I think the unleashed is one of my favs because it spreads the most tech out but whenever I see ships that are supposed to have turret fighters, they just end up having empty pylons with no weapons on them. idk if that's just me or if anyone else cant get the A.I. turret fighters to work right?

anywho, what do people fly with when they don't want to fly vanilla?

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 11 months ago #19562 by Chessking
Sounds like you've done almost everything. The only thing I can think of is what I posted in the "What other games are you playing now?" thread, page five. I listed all of the mods that may be able to be run at the same time. Subtract Elite from those if you want, since you've played it before, and difficulty shouldn't be to different form the regular game. Anyways, that's my suggestion.

Storm Petrel