Uspace Bugs version 11.02 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #16130 by GrandpaTrout
Ok, finally home and looking at the code. As far as I can tell, there are only two ways this can happen. 1. The route objects that are attached to an lpoint are getting lost (that would be really evil since it should be impossible and tons of features are dependent on the exact same technique). Or the player sensors are getting messed around somehow and the routes just become invisible because the player no longer has sensors good enough to see them. Which would be very, very weird.

To sort between those I am adding a bunch of debug code to the jump module. I will upload that in the next release.

Let me make sure I understand how this is failing:
You fly around looking for lpoints using the lpoint finder GUI. Then you jump from system to system. After one or more jumps, you suddenly cannot find routes at any lpoint. None of the routes show up (all or nothing). And, you have not saved and restored at any time in this process. If it does happen, and you complete a save and restore, the routes are back. Is that it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16131 by GrandpaTrout
Oh, one thing, you can move asteroids using explosives. It is just slow. That technique does not work on stations or ships with pilots however.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16133 by JT
Heh. Suddenly I want remote missiles back. ;-)

This is a public service announcement: Please look through all six degrees of freedom before crossing the L-point.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16134 by oldwarrior40k
Hello everyone it's been a while. I have been unable to install the lastest build 11.02.

1- I double click to start the install for the downloaded exe. (6 attempts).
2- The hard drive starts working for about 15-20 seconds and then stops.

3- Thats it nothing else happens.

4- I ran a search in the hard drive to see if anything showed using Unstable as the wild card. Windows search returned this:

UNSTABLE_SPACE_11_2.EXE-2F911D41.pf C:\Windows\Prefetch

Hope this helps.
Oldwarrior40K

More
17 years 3 months ago #16135 by GrandpaTrout
It seems like a corrupt installer. Can you put that one someplace safe and download another copy? Then compare the two (for file size etc). Shingen was reporting troubles, but seems to be past it.

I am running WinXP fully updated and the download worked on my machine. I thought it did some checksum testing before it ran, but now I am not so sure.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16136 by oldwarrior40k
ok, I downloaded a new copy. compared file sizes (same) and results were the same.

oldwarrior40k