Uspace Bugs version 11.02 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #16075 by Shingen
Well the "Normal Startup" seems to be selected after you start a New Game from the EoC main menu (at least I thought it did), so I have no clue as to why it didn't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16078 by GrandpaTrout
Because I coded it wrong! Ha.

I did some more work on your ghost wingman issue. I now move wingmen to a safe place while the player is doing the capsule jump simulation. Before, they languished behind getting shot at. I also disrupted their LDS drives until they jump back in with the player. The outcome I hope will happen is that the wingmen will have a better chance of surviving the jump without getting turned into ghosts.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16079 by Shingen
Ok.. another thing.. is there like an appendix or something that shows which products go to which stations, or some way to code the information into the Starmap - station information screen?

More
17 years 3 months ago #16080 by GrandpaTrout
Not really. There was a fan who wrote a set of spreadsheets for Torn Stars.

There is a feature on the Nav map in the filters called "cargo buyer". It will filter on some of the station types that purchase the cargo produced by the station you are near. So if you just purchased ore at a common metals mine, then it will show you all the common metals processing stations in every system.

It won't show you every kind of station that purchases that product. And there is no pricing information. Another trade GUI with all that info on it would be nice. You can see cargo needed/produced if you are neutral or better. Prices and inventory if you recently visited or are allied or something.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16081 by Shingen
hmmm.. is there anyway to access this information? I might be inclined to build an online HTML appendix showing this kinda stuff. The Nav filter "cargo buyer" isn't much help with higher-end products.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16082 by GrandpaTrout
Yes. The stations use cargo by category. ms_mod_main/station_cargo.ini has the list of categories that each station uses and produces.

Each category has a few cargo pod types attached. Those are listed in ms_mod_main/cargo_category.ini
Code:
[ECC_CommonElementsA] base_price=1000 standing=FT_Neutral ;standing=FT_Dislike pod_name[0]="CT_WasteBlocks" ;pod_name[0]="CT_Lithium"

Here is an example entry. The category name is in brackets [categoryname].
The base price is the price for all pods of this category, adjusted by demand. The standing is the minimum standing the player must have to purchase this cargo. The list of pod names is a bit tricky. The pod names are old EoC cargo types. But we renamed them. So the TornStars names are in the comments like ";pod_name[0]="CT_Lithium"" Don't use the EoC name, or your readers will be very confused.

If you go to the TornStars.com site, and go to the downloads page, you can get the original trade data spreadsheet, which would be a good start.