file Epic: Middle States bug reports

More
18 years 2 months ago #14587 by GrandpaTrout
There are a couple of ways to free a docking port. Move away from the station 1000km, save a game. Load the game, fly back. That almost always clears the ports. Don't wait around, dock instantly. The PS traffic will gladly spawn dozens of lazy taxis that dock and sit forever.

The second bug happens when you start a new game, quit (without closing the application) and start a second new game. The global variables are messed up in some way that I have not yet tracked down. If you want to start a new game, quit to desktop, then restart.

Good story, btw! We love Torn Stars stories and are glad to post them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #14597 by CarstenB
Middle States is addictive. Scratch one sunday... Just need one more run ;)

I found out that the insystem L-point being viewed as Out of System by the auto pilot seems to happen when I have an out of system waypoint in my contact list. If I clear all waypoints and set the L-point as a new waypoint the autopilot works.

During my travels I occasionally come by unclaimed cargo pods. I guess "accidents" happen all over the place. I picked some of them up thinking I could get a bit of much needed cash selling them. However I have found it nearly impossible to sell most of it - even to the shady characters hanging around the fringes of "reputable" stations. I had a bit of a weird incident:

At the Emerald Heavy Manufacture station, I tried to sell 2 pods of Synthetic Fats to the pilot of French Maid - a Pimental Family registry. He was supposedly interested in buying such stuff, but when I used the "Sell" screen I got the "error sound" when clicking Offer Item and when I used Offer All it showed up in the sell list as "Synthetic Fats 0". Have a screenshot if you need it.

Finally I had to scrap nearly all the pods. Lugging dead weight around is not very profitable.

Oh, and finally - I guess one of my freighter captains had a minor runin with an Indy ship making them a bit cranky. Nothing came of it at first except that the ship turned red (hostile?). It was a SNRV so nothing more came of it and my ships jumped out. Later we came back through the same L-point and was immediately attacked by an Indy tug. After it destroyed the cargo pod I was lugging behind my tug, I had to kill it which in turn made the Indy dislike me.
After a few days watching red Indy ships all over the place, I decided to rectify the situation by bribing them so they would be less inclined to attack me and my freighters. My reputation with the Indy is now back to Neutral, but all their ships are still flagged red on the contact list making me... uh, my freighter captains nervous.

Do I need to bribe them further to clear that up?

More
18 years 2 months ago #14603 by wolfie
Hi there. Been away from EOC for a long time and just now found out about torn star..

I think I found a bug here, or I could be wrong, since I only had play about an hour or 2.
At Lai Lpoint I found 2 Empty Corvt and 2 Empty fighter. They are all just sitting there not moving at all and some IND fighter + snrv are also there and not moving.

I dock onto the EMPTY CORVT and it turn my wingman targetlist into yellow also. He does do what I ask of him to do, but he stay yellow in my contact list.
ALso onlt IND remain in my REPUTATION screan. All other fraction are gone from my screan

More
18 years 2 months ago #14604 by cambragol
I think I can answer both of CarstenB's observation/questions.

Although Torn Stars has a full, detailed and new economy, the traffic scripts that are hold-overs from the original game will occasionally carry cargo that is in turn a hold-over from the original EOC economy. The Torn Stars economy does not recognise this hold-over cargo, hence the inclusion of the 'pod scrapper' character. It is only with these characters that these 'hold-over' cargos can be disposed of. When we have our own traffic scripts, this situation will no longer exist, and any pods 'found' while travelling could be sold at an appropriate station.

CarstenB you also most likely encountered a hold-over script from EOC. A very annoying one for GrandpaTrout and I. It is a script which causes a lone tug of the independent faction to suddenly turn red and attack the player. I suppose originally meant to 'spice up' life for the player. However, with our faction system, this became a serious problem for traders. I guess believe that you may be 'okay' with the Indy's now, even though they are appearing 'red'. Though don't quote me on that. I cannot recall the exact method which GrandpaTrout settled on to deal with the 'lone-tug' problem.

I think the easiest way to find out would be to approach some and see if they attack. Or, you may need to simply restart the game. Perhaps on the next load the Indy's will appear the correct color.

@wolfie ...that indeed sounds like a heretofore unknown bug. Any ideas Grandpa or Joco?

More
18 years 2 months ago #14608 by wolfie
As for my bug it an Auto save bug.

Happen to me a few time now when the game hang and I use the auto save.

More
18 years 2 months ago #14611 by GrandpaTrout
Autosave bug? Can you give more details about how you make this bug happen?