Unstable Space update

More
18 years 1 month ago #15039 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space update
Thanks for the heads up Canute. The download is working now. This file is set to be editable by any Torn Stars users, and if someone forgets to 'check in' after editing, the download will not be available to unregistered users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15044 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Unstable Space update
Status Update (March 28)

We are still trying to jam in all the new traffic script and reputation features into this release. I am pained to say that it will be May 1st or so before we are ready to begin Beta testing.

On the positive side, Unstable Space is getting really cool. And adding these features has closed several of the more annoying things that happened in the Middle States release (like PS traffic tugs attacking the player at random). I was just reading the "known bugs" list in the Middle States release and we have closed them all! Progress is wonderful!

The capsule jump replacement is also looking very good. What was once a cutscene of flying down a tube filled with glowing lights is now a fully playable simulation. You can just make out the bubble surrounding the player ship.

www.torn-stars.com/index.php?set_albumNa...clude=view_photo.php

More
18 years 2 weeks ago #15094 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Unstable Space update
Holee..! :D I'm gone for a coupla months and Unstable Space is near done?!?! Woo!

The idea of a playable hyperspace makes me vurry vurry happy - [^]- a'hyuck. *Bows down before mighty-reverse-engineering skillz* [|)]

More
18 years 2 weeks ago #15097 by Shiva Archon
Replied by Shiva Archon on topic Unstable Space update
I've been trying to download the trade data spreadsheet for a couple days now (would like some pricing for New Constantinople so I know what else to bring on my first shipment of neutronium ore). Every time it says somebody is editing it, even at 4AM (CDT). Is there a "time out" limit on editing the file, or a way to make it available when somebody is working on it? I can't imagine it takes all that much time to input some numbers in Excel.

More
18 years 2 weeks ago #15099 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space update
Hi Shiva,

It seems that someone forgot to 'Check in' the file after uploading a new updatd version. I checked it in, so it should be okay for downloading now. And welcome to the forum if no one else has welcomed you yet!

More
17 years 9 months ago #15350 by dezgard
Replied by dezgard on topic Unstable Space update
hi im kinda new to the forum

but a long time fam of i wars eoc

i never gave up on it

love what is going on with torn stars

i would love to help testing

i got vast experiance but hunting and fixing bugs

so if you need help i can start testing unstable space and traffic asap

love to get back into the eoc modding

thanks

dezgard