Unstable Space update

More
17 years 8 months ago #15353 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space update
Hi again dezgard, and welcome to the forum! We are not doing any testing right now, but we most certainly will in the fall. Of course we are always looking for more modders. EoC modders are rare, and it is becoming somewhat of an arcane art. We will post an annoucement on the Torn Stars site and here in the fall when we are ready to beta test US for bugs, playability etc. So keep checkin' in!

By the way, what kindof modding have you done with EoC in the past?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15355 by dezgard
Replied by dezgard on topic Unstable Space update
i dont have alot of modding experiance with eoc but im a wiz with litewave and 3dmax

yes i got the ship working in game with small amount of code done by a friend as im juts good a modeling and such

i was nice but taxed the game performance but it was just a quick roll of the rack progect to help with othere couse work

More
17 years 8 months ago #15356 by dezgard
oh ye i cant d/l the exel file of the torn stars website gets to 70% and stops

More
17 years 8 months ago #15359 by dezgard
Ok I have been brain storming idea unloading time so please forgive the bad English spelling.

1). make all ship components dock able engines reactor sensor weapons e.g. with a key bind once pressed would bring up a menu to select a part to undock. Once you undock a reactor a time is called in at 5 minutes of power left once it runs down you are adrift i.e. call for help at a cost.

2). complete station overhaul stations need to fill more of a role plus look like a hub of busy trade giving a feeling of massive scale. Mining stations with little flitters with mining lasers running out to asteroids mining them and running back to the station with a pod of ore. Station scale larger player owned stations.

3). planets make new area limit the radius texturmap a sphere in the middle change background colour wala you got a planet you can fly in and dock or fly around.

i have so much more idea's but I¡¯ll leave it at that I¡¯m going to work on station models :P

Thanks for reading :P

==================================
I¡¯m back modding EOC: P
Currently project station models

More
17 years 8 months ago #15362 by dezgard
Ok I¡¯ve been messing with station models and it seems the flux engine is quite friendly with the dockable parts idea infact it¡¯s very friendly.

Ok my initial design so far will be a large station 10/1 scale from the original stations.
2 large flat structures like car parks, ships dock to there large flat structures giving more than enough room for 50+ ships to dock.
There will be a large cargo hanger dealing with incoming and outgoing cargo it will have virtual docking area's.
The station will have a ship fitting array for fitting equipment also stations will be a multidocked structure i.e. shoot the hanger and it will blow up and the rest of the station will be ok but all ships will not be able to repair thus making the next assault easier
I¡¯m back modding EOC: P
Currently project station models

More
17 years 8 months ago #15363 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space update
Wow dezgard, This sounds really exciting! I messed around with station models myself at one point, but I don't have any real modelling skills. I just rearranged modular components. Grandpatrout once had very extensive plans for changing the stations for Traffic, but these plans changed with his approach to scripting the traffic itself. I am not sure what our overall plans for stations are now, but something new would be great. Your suggestion number 2 above is something along the lines of what we were thinking of. One thing I know we needed was a 'mining rig'. A 'ship/station' that can be towed by a player and attached to an asteroid to commence mining operations for the player. Currently we had planned on using a tug to simulate this.
Your description of your initial design sounds interesting. A new cargo handler is somehting I have always wanted. And a true modular station is something Grandpatrout will find very interesting, in terms of scripting and missions. I am not so sure about the large frat structures idea for docking multiple ships. It doesn't seem to make that much sense to me, nor fit in with how docking is handled elsewhere in the EoC universe. How about huge arrays of docks, not unlike the docks of a sea-port?
Anyways, keep posting your progress. Very very interesting and uplifting to hear it!