Unstable Space update

More
18 years 1 month ago #14970 by stars_editor
Replied by stars_editor on topic Unstable Space update
cambragol

Thanks for the reply. I would be happy to email the document to GrandpaTrout. However, I do not know what his email address is. In my profile is my email address, I believe. Send me an email address with either his or yours and I will email it to you pronto. I have tested it with Microsoft's Excel viewer 2003 to see if others could open it without having the entire Excel package installed and it seems to view just fine, with hyperlinks throughout the document and all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14971 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space update
Ahh, sorry I thought you had his address. Here is mine: griffon4_4academy4at45yahoo4.56ca

just get rid of all the numnbers and you should be good.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14972 by stars_editor
Ok, if I did it right you should have gotten my email with the excel attachment. There is a lot of hyperlinks throughout the various sheets for quick access to the data. As I said in the email it is by no means finished as I fill it in while exploring Torn Stars. By the way you guys have breathed new life into EOC. It is funny how so many times it takes the community to make a game so much greater than it was when released by big publishers. Really looking forward to the mining aspect of the game.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14982 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space update
Hi Stars_editor,

I received the email, and the attachment. Very impressive! You put a lot of work into it already. Very useful for traders I would think. It would be cool if the map had links too. I started doing that with the original map, in Adobe Acrobat, but had to refocus my attention and time on core mod issues. Now, do you want to wait until it is finished, or would you like me to post it up somewhere as it stands? I suppose in that case others could fill other areas in which they are experiencing etc.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14986 by stars_editor
cambragol

Thanks! Actually it does have links on the map. Move your mouse over Alcuin for example, it should change into a hyperlink hand. If it does click it, it should then take you to the sheet about Alcuin. Click on the title of Alcuin in the sheet and it should take you back to the map. Next to the map on the left hand side, hover you mouse over Alcuin and you should see data about L-Points in Alcuin System, click on it and it will also take you to the Alcuin Sheet. Also on the map, click on the name Dead Reaches and it should take you to the Torns Stars Lore sheet. It does that with every region name on the map (the Emerald Alliance, CMC,...etc.) In the Torn Stars Lore sheet click on the map items and region names and they will take you either back to the individual sheets for each system, (that is the ones I have finished hyperlinking), or it will take you back to the map. The title at the top of the map will take you to the Torn Stars Lore sheet and visa versa. You really have to move you mouse all over the place and click to see the different hyperlinks I have put on the various pages. You can post it as it stands because it is going to take a while before I finish it because I have to visit every station with cargo in order to sell it to get the price that the station is willing to pay. So I am playing at the same time that I input data. Just make sure that everyone knows that they have to explore the sheets thoroughly to see all the hyperlinks and where they go. At least thats how it works on my system with my version of Excel, as well as the Excel viewer I used to test it, which is Excel viewer 2003. Anyone can use it as a tool for their own exploring adding notes and information as they go if they are familiar with Excel. In this way the data will grow and everyone can share.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15013 by Canute
Replied by Canute on topic Unstable Space update
Hallo, i am, just new to this Forum and trying out Torn space now.

A new capsule jump system with unstable jumps that can damage your ship.

What is the big deal about damaging the ship, Autorepair repairs it pretty fast.
Destroying the Ship, or shipparts, i am sure people would save the game before an unstable jump and just load the save game.

Instead damaging the ship, the ship should appear at some totaly different place. But i am sure people still would load the savegame when they don't get to their destination.