Unstable Space update

More
18 years 1 month ago #15017 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Unstable Space update
Hi Canute,

Glad to have you! Later game improvements will change autorepair. Damage will have a cost.

As for people reloading save games, that does not bother me. People have a right to play with thier toys as they see fit. I am not going to tell anyone that dinasaurs cannot eat toy soldiers. I won't tell anyone they cannot restore from a save when things go badly.

We are working hard on removing the crashes from the game. The game was designed to not need saves (aside from needing to stop playing and crashes). It is much easier for the player to run away. And the player has a life pod if they get into trouble. Unstable space should be even better. The ships will have more hit points and a much longer life in combat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15019 by Canute
Replied by Canute on topic Unstable Space update
Yes, i just notice the player's life pod a bit ago, and was wondering why i got full hull back. And engage the combat again, and notice i dont got a weapon anymore and boom :-))

Maybe add an Explosion sequence when the life pod got activated ?

More
18 years 1 month ago #15021 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Unstable Space update
Yes, your right, that would look much better.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15024 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space update
Hi Canute,

Welcome to the forum! I think one thing that Grandpatrout forgot to mention, and which pertains to your post, is that failed 'unstable' jumps may drop you back in your starting system (and perhaps a long LDS drive back in) or in your destination system with damage and a long LDS drive in. We are still working on how to balance the Capsule space jumps, as this is really a completely new area of the game.

Stars_editor, your trade data spreadsheet is posted up in Torn-Stars downloads now.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15025 by stars_editor
Replied by stars_editor on topic Unstable Space update
cambragol

Thanks for the post!

More
18 years 1 month ago #15038 by Canute
Replied by Canute on topic Unstable Space update

Originally posted by cambragol

Stars_editor, your trade data spreadsheet is posted up in Torn-Stars downloads now.

Could you check the download please, it don't working. When i click on Download, the page just reload.
Other downloads from this area are working.