I'm gonna snap

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1423 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic I'm gonna snap

Damn! This is what I've been after...EricMan64, is there a way to slow down ALL ships (normal thruster drives for player and AI ships)and all LDS drives?

I don't know if there's an easier way, but for lds, you could just change the numbers in ALL the drives. There's only like ten of them at most.

Normal thrusters may be harder, I think you'd have to change numbers in every ship you want to affect. If you do this with just the player, it should be easy enough. You may be able to change the thruster effectiveness to a number less than 1 (see thruster ini files). That may slow stuff down. I don't know if that would work on nps ships though.

As for EricMan64 what would be the apropreate speeds? (IE: 1/3, 2/3, 2.999999999999999999999999999999999999/3 {almost lightspeed}

I'd do the almost lightspeed one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1428 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic I'm gonna snap
Woohoo! It works! I've cut my LDS speeds in half, and that of the AI ships too. I've also cut acceleration (but not max speed) for my ships, and am working on dropping the acceleration for the AI ships (I never realized there were so many ships in this game). Thanks EricMan! For my illusion of "larger space" I only need one more thing...and it's probably impossible; Is there a way to multiply the HUD distance factors before they are displayed? Or better yet, to increase them? I know there must be some engine within the programing that determines distance to other objects...is there a way to modify this?

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1432 by ExplodingBoy
Replied by ExplodingBoy on topic I'm gonna snap
I think you might find that a lot of the HUD elements may be part of the engine, and not open to scripting - but i could be wrong.

If you ask me it makes sense that LDS would have improved over 200 years - and since there is no time compression at high LDS speeds I don't see the point to slowing it back down in single player.

Multiplayer it would be different - how remote a location is would have a much bigger effect if you are competing with other players for limited resources. Or trying to hide a base or a cache of stuff, etc.

As for changing all the various values in all the different ship files . . .
There are tools availible to help with that sort of thing. A good text editor will allow you to search each file, or even multiple files for the same reference(like the acceleration/speed parameter line).

I used to use a shareware editor called Edit Plus, or Edit+ or something like that - it was very good if you took the time to set it up.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1434 by SlipStream
Replied by SlipStream on topic I'm gonna snap
Err...I ment to ask what were the correct speeds to input into the class 1 LDS for 1/3 speed, class 2 LDS for 2/3, etc.

Hud is Hardcoded but i have heard you can add stuff...jsut not modify exsisting stuff...

{SIG}
CHECK THIS GAME OUT!!!
www.starshatter.com/
LOOKS REALLY COOL

Its been sucha long time and IW2 still rocks my sox just as much...who woulda figured eh?

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1448 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic I'm gonna snap

Err...I ment to ask what were the correct speeds to input into the class 1 LDS for 1/3 speed, class 2 LDS for 2/3, etc.

Oh, well that would depend on what the speed of light is. I don't happen to know it.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1449 by Pandion
Replied by Pandion on topic I'm gonna snap
The speed of light is 3.00 x 10<font size=1>8</font id=size1>ms-<font size=1>1</font id=size1>

in other words
The speed of light in vacuum is exactly 299,792,458 m/s (metres per second)

The speed of light is normally rounded to 300 000 kilometers per second or 186 000 miles per second.

Edited by - Pandion on 25 Apr 2002 23:42:46

Give it a good bang.....

See I told you that would fix it.