I'm gonna snap

More
22 years 1 week ago #1390 by Keiichi
Replied by Keiichi on topic I'm gonna snap
It was always my understanding that you didn't suffer from inertia while in LDS because your ship wasn't actually moving. Rather, it was simply moving the universe around you.

-Keiichi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 1 week ago #1405 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic I'm gonna snap
Well I'd expect the universe to have a lot of inertia. After all, all the mass in the universe except your ship is a lot of mass.

More
22 years 1 week ago #1408 by SlipStream
Replied by SlipStream on topic I'm gonna snap
I forgot to ask this earlier to our partical systems expert...er...Did you guys have a good technobable reason as to why LDS sped up since the last I-war? I just wondered. Also can we slow it back down to just under lightspeed speeds? Like make the Class 1 1/3 the speed of light, the class 2 2/3 the speed, and the class 3 just under lightspeed?

Who cares if it makes it take forever to get anywere. It will make ppl pick their designations more carefully...and make a capsole jump much more worth it (i hate how the auto pilot will try and take you to capsole space when by the time you get into postion you could have been there). If people had a little faith this could accually be real fun. You could get some crew sounds going in the background (as i think there is a mod out there that does that), or just listen to some music while you travel. Or watch tv...or do your homework lol. Anyway...thats all...

{SIG}
CHECK THIS GAME OUT!!!
www.starshatter.com/
LOOKS REALLY COOL

Its been sucha long time and IW2 still rocks my sox just as much...who woulda figured eh?

More
22 years 1 week ago #1411 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic I'm gonna snap
Slowing them down shouldn't be too hard. Just edit the lds ini files. Particularly these lines, <pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>; LDS drive properties
max_speed=3e10
acceleration=5
ramp_up_time=3</font id=code></pre id=code> This is from the lds_class1.ini file, but I assume lds_class2.ini and lds_class3.ini have the same lines with different numbers.

More
22 years 1 week ago #1415 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic I'm gonna snap
Damn! This is what I've been after...EricMan64, is there a way to slow down ALL ships (normal thruster drives for player and AI ships)and all LDS drives? I think EoC is the best free-form space sim I've ever played, but the one thing I would change is the speed; space should be far more vast. Zipping around the solar system in a minute flat makes it seem too cozy. Also, is it possible to increase the range of the sensors so the player's ship drops out of LDS further away from stations? I've just started learning how to mod, and would love to create a mod which would do this.

More
22 years 1 week ago #1418 by SlipStream
Replied by SlipStream on topic I'm gonna snap
Cool someone that wants to do the mod. Mesa know nothing bout modding :D. I really hope you can figure it all out. Could you just releace a LDS slow down first? I like all the ships current speeds and manuvering.

As for EricMan64 what would be the apropreate speeds? (IE: 1/3, 2/3, 2.999999999999999999999999999999999999/3 {almost lightspeed}

{SIG}
CHECK THIS GAME OUT!!!
www.starshatter.com/
LOOKS REALLY COOL

Its been sucha long time and IW2 still rocks my sox just as much...who woulda figured eh?