I'm gonna snap

More
22 years 1 month ago #1051 by Guerrilla Warfare
Replied by Guerrilla Warfare on topic I'm gonna snap
Geez too much overanalyzing going on...
Games have gameplay in mind so yeah it might be more realistic another way but the current system is more practical in my opinion.
Can't we just accept the game the way it is? :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 1 month ago #1053 by NightHawk
Replied by NightHawk on topic I'm gonna snap
Yeah, but if you had a 4 element wouldn't that create another L-point? :)

@Guerrilla Warfare: We DO accept the game, we're just overanalyzing cuz it's fun... :)

Nh

More
22 years 1 month ago #1055 by Guerrilla Warfare
Replied by Guerrilla Warfare on topic I'm gonna snap
Ah I see... Well knock yourselves out then B)

--

Yay! I set it on fire!!

Edited by - Guerrilla Warfare on 23 Mar 2002 20:32:47

More
22 years 1 month ago #1059 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic I'm gonna snap
A fourth body would only balance out having three of them if each pair balanced out at the exact same point as the other pair. The odds of that occuring can't be all that high.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1388 by ExplodingBoy
Replied by ExplodingBoy on topic I'm gonna snap
My 2 cents worth . . .

On how LDS 'works' - a long time ago on a forum a long way from here we had an enormous debate on this.

At the end of it all the generally held opinion was that LDS worked by causing the ship to make a micro-jump formard in space, millions of times a second.

So your ship has hundreds of LDS nodes throughout the ship that allow it to stretch space slightly - and to 'jump' your ship slightly forward.

The key factor here is that you travel forward by tiny jumps forward - without requiring any actual motion from your ship.

The reason the LDS doesn't suffer from inertia is because your ship is stationary as far as the universe is concerned. You're Kinetic energy should be very low even though you are covering huge distences.

Because you aren't really travelling fast - but are jumping quickily across a huge distence you shouldn't expearience any of the effects associated with speeds close to the speed of light. And there is no reason why LDS top speed should be the speed of light either.

I'm a bit rusty on this type of thing - but I'm explaining it as I understand it.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1389 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic I'm gonna snap
Sounds clear enough to me :). Was there a reason for the small jumps as oppose to one long one?