Simulator

More
20 years 2 months ago #8806 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Simulator
I just had to bump this back up 'cause it's too cool to get lost in archives. I was also thinking of this simulator project while watching a bunch of Firefly episodes on the DVD boxed set I got for Christmas. Your statements about wanting to make the cockpit feel on the inside, like how the EoC tug looks on the outside is similar to the whole Firefly bridge feel. The difference between it and a shiny sterile, pristine bridge from Star Trek or just about any other sci fi TV show demonstrates how the 'tone' differences of these sets change the feel of the environment dramatically.

I know you're busy with other stuff these days, Shane, but when the weather gets better, and you can get back out there to your simulator, keep us posted on the progress. I'm still planning that road trip to Stockbridge...

--
Hot4Darmat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8811 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Simulator
Over the past months I've been catching the simulator bug again. It won't be long before I'm back out there. :)

I fully intend to finish it completely before June. Two weeks ago I found a surround sound system on clearance, and snagged it up, so one more major purchase is out of the way.

And this winter taught me many things... I'm definately setting up some type of heat source in there. Being super-insulated, that damn thing is an effecient freezer in January - I don't care how much equipment you're running! :D Takes some time to warm her up. Add to this the couple of temperature equipment failures mentioned in the Mars rover topic at the INA forum, and I'm believing the simulator is something that requires constant conditioning. But this problem is easily solved by linking it to the heater/ac systems of the house.

If only I could find a way to create different views of EoC on multiple screens... the simulator is really the motivating force behind my attempt to create a stand-alone game of my own. Something I can design which will take advantage of multiple screens and over a hundred controls, with enough detail that you really believe you're piloting a ship in space.

Wow, it was almost two years ago that I started this project. Time to get it finished up! :)

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 2 months ago #8813 by toastrack
Replied by toastrack on topic Simulator
Hey Shane.
Great to hear you are still running with the simulator, and Hot4Darmat, cheers for bumping this back up!

...that's torn it.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8817 by Sivadrake
Replied by Sivadrake on topic Simulator
wow, i really want one, that would be so cool:D

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"