file IronDuke's I-War2 Remake/I-War3

More
6 years 11 months ago #20581 by IronyMan
You may not beat SC for objective quality, but you can definitely achieve what you set out to do. That may be more than Chris Roberts and his millions of dollars can manage... :P

Yeah, I'll always be around here to lend a hand if I can. ;)

Best of luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #20582 by Bozobub
Well, I have about zero coding skills but I'm willing to help test stuff, if nothing else.

More
6 years 11 months ago #20583 by IronyMan
That reminds me... I have a laptop running Ubuntu, if you want to test linux compatibility. Not that that would be an issue if you're using Unity... :side:

More
6 years 11 months ago #20584 by IronDuke

IronyMan wrote: That reminds me... I have a laptop running Ubuntu, if you want to test linux compatibility. Not that that would be an issue if you're using Unity... :side:

Oh, that'd be great. I never know for sure if Linux builds of Unity stuff will work or not, and now I can be certain.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
6 years 11 months ago #20591 by IronyMan
Does Unity support Python scripting? I'm teaching myself Python, and it'd be neat if I could script some basic mission or function mods for the remake. It'd give me some goals to strive for... but then maybe I've overloaded myself with programming projects. :unsure:

More
6 years 11 months ago #20593 by IronDuke
It used to have a sort of Python-based language called Boo, which was pretty darn fast from what I heard, but they dropped it a year or two ago for reasons I can't remember. I didn't pay much attention. Currently it supports C# and a slightly modified version of Javascript. C# is really easy to learn, however, and Unity does so much for you already. My whole flight assist takes up 20-30 lines. B)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)