file IronDuke's I-War2 Remake/I-War3

More
5 years 8 months ago #20699 by Chessking
I think I meant the sealed heat sink when I was talking about coolant pods. It has been a while since I played the game, so sorry for that mistake. Basically, what I picture is that the fighter has a pod of extra coolant that is not used. When an emergency arrives, all of the coolant being used is enclosed in a pod and jettisoned from the vessel, immediately decreasing the amount of heat picked up by active sensors and seeker missiles. Then the unused coolant is allowed into the system so the fighter functions as normal. The advantage of this is that, as you said previously, ECM's will sometimes fail to deceive the seeker missiles. The sudden decrease of temperature in the ship and the addition of a new heat signature would increase the chances of dodging the missile. (Perhaps to 100% for balancing purposes.)

It sounds like you have the REM issue roped and hogtied. ;)

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #20700 by IronDuke
It's an idea. :) I will try it out and see how it fits balance-wise. An ejectable coolant container such as this would take up space, and fighters have little to spare. Plus, a whole rack of regular ECM flares would probably be more useful in the long run. But, I'll try it and see how it works, once fighters have been added to the remake :)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
5 years 2 months ago #20750 by IronDuke
I haven't been posting here much, as I've been talking about my progress and such on the Discord server instead. So, I figured it about time I made a post here. XD

I've updated the fancypantsy color-coded outline on page 1 of the thread. The big changes are to the flyability of the Corvette, and to the contacts list.

I also have implemented a simple docking system and the ability for the command section to detach/reattach itself with the parent vessel. I just realized as I typed that that this is not listed in the outline, so time to make another edit!

Progress is slowly speeding back up, ladies, gents, and helicopters! Now that school's out and I've managed to catch up on my other things, I have time to do my favorite thing in the world. :3 The future is bright on the Edge of Chaos!

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
4 months 1 week ago #20916 by Alalkelele
Any updates on this ?

More
4 months 1 week ago #20921 by IronDuke
I have been mainly posting updates only to the discord and forgot to make the announcement here. I'm in training as an Air Traffic Controller and put the remake project on hold until that is complete; this may be anytime from the end of the year, to many more months down the line. It's an extremely intense job with an accelerated training process that demands my fullest attention, with scant spare time. Full announcement is in the discord server

More
4 months 1 week ago #20922 by Alalkelele
Sweet, thank you for your time