Absent and Tardy list

More
19 years 4 months ago #11986 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Absent and Tardy list
Shane, I hope you get your work done in time. At least enough so you can have a comfy Christmas.

Remember this?

Originally posted by MajorTom

Originally posted by Shane

It's what we predecide that makes things happen.

Willing to give it a go? ;):D

Yep! I've decided to go for a job with a German owned company located in the South East of the USA. I'll travel back and forth to Germany 3 or four times a year ....

It looks like I've got the job I "pre-decided"! It'll be in the Spartanburg, SC area.

I'll know for sure when I get back to Munich from the States. They want to make me an offer and present a contract draft this coming Monday.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11987 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Absent and Tardy list
Congratulations Major Tom! That sounds like great news.

It's what we predecide that makes things happen.

In which case... I'm doomed. :D I don't believe even for a second that I'll make my Christmas deadline (never did really but thought I'd give it a try). Perhaps January... ;)

Spartanburg isn't that far from Atlanta (120 miles). We'll have to get together somtime. I used to work out of Greer, SC (just up the road).

Keep us informed and let me know if you need anything.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11999 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Absent and Tardy list
I said it over the phone and I'll say it again: CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so glad to hear that it went well.

Speaking of get-togethers. MT suggested we organize an I-War meet some day. Seeing as the community is represented from just about every corner of the globe it would be tough to do fairly, but we could think about a small NA contingent get-together. I'd be happy to host something in Ontario this coming June, but it ain't exactly central for everyone. Maybe we could pick a spot on the map, or even unofficially piggyback a meet onto the Wonderfest 2005 (google it, or check out starship modeller. It takes place in May in KY, they already have the venue and the 'infrastructure' and are a fun community too).

On the same topic, anyone near St. Loius, MO, or willing to travel there in early Feb, 05. I'm at the INS conference there from Feb 2-5 and would enjoy meeting you Shane or MT, or anyone else from this gang in the vicinity. Just a FYI.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 4 months ago #12007 by MajorTom
Yes, It would be cool if we could meet somewheres. If you guys want to get together sometime I'll do my best to get there.

I don't have any suggestions for a location ATM because .....

.... something went wrong with the pre-deciding concept! :D
Apparently I didn't concentrate on the location enough.

They gave me the offer and it is acceptable, but they have a new project and a new facility to develop, so they want me in Oxnard, CA the first 2 years and not in SC!

They've given me until Friday to decide

Maybe I'll have the opportunity to give Second Chance some personal motivation on the model work soon :D

More
19 years 4 months ago #12013 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Absent and Tardy list
Remarkably, Oxnard isn't too terribly far away from me. Looks like it's only about an hour north of LA.

The only thing I can say (and this is a state secret to prevent people from moving here) is steel yourself, and be prepared to withstand the most perfect climate Earth has to offer. Every facility has full outdoor seating and seasons no longer exist. It's never too hot or too cold. And the only thing nicer than a day on the beach is a night on the beach. Where the world is frozen in time, and it's always sunset on Saturday evening right before the beach bars close. At least that's what it's like where I live in OC. (But don't tell anyone, or they'll all come here.)

Have fun. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 4 months ago #12015 by MajorTom
He he, I was just kidding about the "personal motivation". ;)
It wasn't meant as a threat. :D

I was just playing with words and really meant: maybe I can provide you with some motivation by giving you a pep talk personally.