Absent and Tardy list

More
19 years 5 months ago #11817 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Absent and Tardy list
Hey good luck with your new project Roi. I came to similar conslusions with my little writing projects (though I continue to make paper models for free): at some point you realize that doing all this stuff for free isn't paying any bills, and may in fact be getting in the way of otherwise gainful employment. These side projects take up so much time and mental energy, they often leave little left for the bread and butter stuff. My next writing project will hopefully be a little more 'commercial'.

It sounds like the B5 mod for EoC is dead, then eh? You new project sounds exciting, and I hope you and your team can stick through the difficulties (and financial hardship) of the long development phase to reach a product and reap the rewards of finding a publisher. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Some say that the era of the "garage PC game designer" is over, and its only the large production houses that can survive the development phase. Milo's Starshatter showed us that it can be done. My guess is it won't be an easy road, but I wish you the best of luck.

Don't worry the SW MP mod will get done sooner or later. I have tremendous faith in these guys.

--
Hot4Darmat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #11821 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Absent and Tardy list
Good luck Roi. If Milo showed us anything, it's that a really small developer can get published. Let me know if I can help out with any minor modeling chores. Or major ones; but I'm sure you've got those awsome Buda5 modelers on your team. Damn, those guys are good. Anyway, good luck, and have fun. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 5 months ago #11826 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic Absent and Tardy list
Thanks to you!

Originally posted by Hot4Darmat

I came to similar conslusions with my little writing projects (though I continue to make paper models for free): […] My next writing project will hopefully be a little more 'commercial'.

It sounds like the B5 mod for EoC is dead, then eh? You new project sounds exciting, and I hope you and your team can stick through the difficulties (and financial hardship) of the long development phase to reach a product and reap the rewards of finding a publisher. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Yes, Buda5 had no progress in the last month. Everyone of us "old" Buda5 guys was a head of a part of the project (scenario pack, campaign, special scripts etc – we had to do it so due to time issues). But one disappeared. So a part has lost its leader so it was never finished (we others hadn’t enough time to work in). So continuing the work on the other parts was senseless.
By the way, what are you writing?

Originally posted by Second Chance

Let me know if I can help out with any minor modeling chores. Or major ones

Thank you, I keep that in mind for sure. :)

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 5 months ago #11833 by Hot4Darmat
Aside from I-War the fan fiction stuff I wrote (older, crappier, unedited versions are available from this site), and the writing I've done for mods, most of which have ended up in the composting heap, I've been working on an original science fiction story. I would classify it as hard science fiction, involving a very basic story theme on an individual level, set in a larger political and economic setting. I'm still just blocking it out, so it'll be a long while before I start trying to shop it to publishers.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 5 months ago #11914 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Absent and Tardy list
I'm half absent for now, meaning I'm currently in the USA and will be here for the next 4 weeks.
The PC I'm using right now doesn't have specs necessary for the game itself but we are getting a new one later this week.

I brought my EOC disks with me and also all the sw pog scripts and a complete mod version. I just can't try anything out until we get a better PC installed here.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 5 months ago #11921 by Hot4Darmat
Welcome back to the North American continent, MT! We're in the same time zone now.

Give me a buzz when you get settled in!

--
Hot4Darmat