Absent and Tardy list

More
19 years 7 months ago #11562 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Absent and Tardy list
Reality rules over virtual work but development will continue...

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #11598 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Absent and Tardy list
Understood. We can only do what we have time/energy/motivation to do. I'm sure this will be a well-received mod, no matter when it gets released.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 6 months ago #11606 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Absent and Tardy list
Well, I guess I should explain my absence so here's the scoop:

I've been unemployed for nearly 2 years now, at best doing odd jobs occasionally. This year my total income has been less than the rent I pay.
I've decided not to spend any time on hobbies or other activities like the mod, until I have some kind of material security.

Although I have good references, some even outstanding business achievments, and around 28 years of professional business experience in this country, the reason for my unemployment is age descrimination, combined with a general job shortage in the currently poorly preforming economy (and probably the fact that I am not a citizen of the country I live in).
My chances aren't too good: 25% of the unemployed in Munich are college grads, 50-58 years of age. Only 39% of all 50+ aged are in employment at all, as compared to 58% in the USA. (there is no law against age discrimination here, like in the States)

The situation is very precarious for me. Meanwhile, I've spent nearly all my lifes savings (that were planned for my retirement). If I can't find a job by Nov. 1, I'll have to turn the mod stuff over to you guys to do alone because I will be in very serious financial trouble, and not even be able to afford an internet connection in the future.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 6 months ago #11607 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Absent and Tardy list
I certainly hope things get better for you MajorTom. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know. It's a tough economy out there... and age discrimination doesn't help matters a bit.

You seem intelligent, polite, dedicated and talented. Certainly a company out there needs an employee such as yourself... especially during tough economic times. (If I had a corporation (or even a company), I'd hire you in an instant.

Again, if I can help, please let me know.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 6 months ago #11609 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Absent and Tardy list
Thanks for the encouraging words, Shane, and your offer to help :D

Since I have a US Passport and am still a U.S. citizen one of my options would be to relocate back to the states. It wouldn't be an easy decision, as I have a 14 year old daughter living here with her mother (I'm devorced).

I dunno, it might be better for my daughter to have her farther happily busy in the USA and only seeing each other occasionally, than living in poverty in the same town?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 6 months ago #11610 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Absent and Tardy list
The job market here is very bad right now, I would only keep that as a last resort. And I do mean it's seriously bad. So be careful.

On a more positive note, I'll be putting out some new models and doing some texture work after this month is over and I come back from my trip to CO.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4