Outlaw Star (in regards to an old post)

More
17 years 11 months ago #15182 by gwzero
Not bad, a little off on the engine pods but at least it's not a uber-high poly model like mine. All you need to do to fix the pods is to make them a little longer (and remember, the bottom one is about 10% longer than the others.) Other than that I'd say it looks good. If it's possible, can you get a front shot? I'd like to see what the engine spacing is.

<hr noshade size="1">Smith - "12 docking turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 2 turret fighters, all mounted on a megafreighter."

Cal - "Ya think that'll be enough? I mean we're just going to the store."

Smith - "You know you're right, I'd better mount on some antimatter streams."

<hr noshade size="1">Smith - "12 docking turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 2 turret fighters, all mounted on a megafreighter."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #15183 by Vali
What do you mean if it is possible? I’m the one ho has it! Not a friend of mine.
community.webshots.com/photo/282 ... 5635QnZcpa

When a boss says “Go!� the leader says “Let’s move out!�

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”

More
17 years 11 months ago #15185 by gwzero
WOW! thats perfect. I messed up the alignment on mine, but you nailed it.

Originally posted by Vali

What do you mean if it is possible? I’m the one ho has it! Not a friend of mine.

I meant to say something like "if it wasnt too much trouble." But It was late last night and I was getting tired, so I took the lazy route.

*Edit*
Are you sticking to the original demensions or have you altered it? I ask because if you stuck with the original then I can get started on some of the null-point placements.

More
17 years 11 months ago #15188 by Vali
A tired man has a lazy mind. And a lazy man has a rested mind.
(Hmm… Quite profound. You can quote me if you like.)
Trust me, I’ve been there my self. [|)]

Thanks for the compliment.
Well I have to take a break sometime. And besides all I need to do is click a button and its done.

I kept the same proportions but not the same dimensions. They are approximately 240% bigger than the original.
It would be simpler to send you the file. In 3ds format I assure you that Light Wave can import them. Just give me an e-mail(vali909 on yahoo.com, vali909 is also my yahoo messenger id)

Now I really am under high pressure and I won’t be able to do any modeling until next week.
Just need to break through a few more enemy lines.;)

When a boss says “Go!� the leader says “Let’s move out!�

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”

More
17 years 11 months ago #15189 by gwzero
My email is mailto:timlbeyer@msn.com]timlbeyer@msn.com . 240% larger you say, that would make it about 172.8m long. Wow thats larger than the heavy corvette, cool.

More
17 years 11 months ago #15207 by gwzero
So hows finals coming along? I got your email and the file so I'll start on the nullpoints. one thing though, when I opened it the Z axis seemed to be off. the nose of ship was pointing towards the -Z axis and it should be pointing to the +Z axis, and it was upside down. Could that have be altered in the conversion to LW? Everything else looks fine though, both proportions and positions look great!