Update on current models.

More
20 years 3 months ago #17932 by Shane
Thought I'd post an update on the models. I've been splitting my time between modeling and learning to code, but am now working this week to get the models finished and shipped out.

What has to be completed:

The avatar setups for the I-War frigate have to be created. Also ship setups and ini files. This is so the original frigate can be used in Epic as an older-but-still-operational model.

The new frigate (I call it Mark II) has to have some geometry problems fixed and the textures changed. Then the usual setup and ini files.

The Machete is about 25% textured. When finished it will need setup files.

The Terrapin must be fixed. I started this last night, but what it looks like is that the main body will have to be rebuilt to eliminate the gaps in the mesh. Shouldn't be too much of a problem... I've gotten somewhat quicker at modeling since I originally built it.

Rebuild the Spaceman Spiff model. I don't know why movement is impossible in the current model, but if I can't fix it, I'll rebuild it and see if it occurs again. I'd also like to build two other models of the suit which will serve as updated models and look similar to the suits in Firefly.

And a drone to shuffle pods about. This has not been modeled yet.

GrandpaTrout: When finished, how about I just burn a CD and snail-mail it to you? I'm really no good at uploading models to sites; you can distribute it far more easily than me. Would this be okay?

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8640 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Update on current models.

Originally posted by Shane

Rebuild the Spaceman Spiff model. I don't know why movement is impossible in the current model, but if I can't fix it, I'll rebuild it and see if it occurs again. I'd also like to build two other models of the suit which will serve as updated models and look similar to the suits in Firefly.

I'm guessing the problem is not leg animation or the like but, getting it to fly? If so would you let me give it a try? Might save you from having to rebuild it and you can still make the other 2 suits.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 3 months ago #8647 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Update on current models.
Certainly, I'll send it tonight.

The model displays fine, but (when switched out with a player ship) does not maneuver or respond to joystick commands. If memory serves, thrust and thrust overrides work fine... but it's been awhile since I've messed with it.

I thought it an error in my ini file (especially with the maneuvering thruster system), but could find no error. Perhaps another set of eyes can catch what I missed.

Thanks MajorTom! :)

<edit> Oh yeah, it has no animation... just a static model.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 3 months ago #8650 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Update on current models.

Originally posted by Shane

Certainly, I'll send it tonight.

Great! just name the file: message.pif or readme.zip or something inconspicous like that ;)

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 3 months ago #8653 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Update on current models.

Great! just name the file: message.pif or readme.zip or something inconspicous like that

How about Super-Doom_Meltdown_Smackdown_Virus_Open-if-you-dare.exe? :D:D:D

Seriously, the file is on it's way. (And is simply titled "Spaceman Spiff - Not a Virus".) :p

Thanks.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8656 by GrandpaTrout
That would be fine. Glad to post them. Those firefly suits are cool. I can almost see a construction worker wearing one. They have just enough armor to deflect the odd nail gun accident, but not so much someone trying to work would refuse to wear it.

-Gtrout