Update on current models.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9123 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Update on current models.
Spiff works fine in my SP game, but I haven't been able to get it to load in the MP game as a ship. The game gets hung up with the display "Setting Camera"
I tried scaling it up by a factor of 10 but that didn't help either. It doesn't seem to be a size problem anyhow, because I can use the original sized avatar on a cargo pod in MP and it shows up with no problem.

Any ideas?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9124 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Update on current models.
I'm afraid I know nothing about multiplayer... so I would be little help.

Why would multiplayer games require an object different from single-player? Do multiplayer objects have some type of information passed to the server that single-player objects do not?

Or, could it be some test to prohibit cheating in multiplayer?

Does Spiff display in a multiplayer game if he's just a part of the scenery (i.e., not a player ship)? Edit: Never mind, you already checked this. Okay... if it's not a size problem, is there a difference between single player game ships and multiplayer? In the ini files or setup scenes?

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 2 months ago #9129 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Update on current models.
There is no anti-Cheat or test funktion I know of except the one I wrote myself for the current MP mods. That script function starts after the ship is spawned so the player can be sent a reason for the rejection. With Spiff it doesn't even get that far before the client application is crashed.

MP doesn't allow for loadouts. All the ships are prefitted. There could be something in the avatar that the SP game tolerates but isn't acceptable for MP?

In spiffs avatar I noted there is an additional null object between each reference to a .lwo path like this:

LoadObject C:\<your path>\spaceman_spiff.lwo
ShowObject 8 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ParentObject 5
ShadowOptions 7

AddNullObject Null
ShowObject 8 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ParentObject 1
ShadowOptions 7

ShowObject 8 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ParentObject 7
ShadowOptions 7

AddNullObject Null
ShowObject 8 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ParentObject 2
ShadowOptions 7

ShowObject 8 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ParentObject 9
ShadowOptions 7

Other ships including the tie fighter look like this

LoadObject C:\<the path>\hull_hi.lwo
ShowObject 8 3
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ParentObject 3
ShadowOptions 7

LoadObject C:\<the path>\hull_lo.lwo
ShowObject 8 3
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ParentObject 1
ShadowOptions 7

LoadObject C:\<the path>\hull_med.lwo
ShowObject 8 3
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ParentObject 2

some other ships do have a null between the .lwo references but they are either declared as a handle or an animation channel.

I don't know what this means from a lightwave point of view but thats the only thing I could find that is apparently different.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site