Update on current models.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8661 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Update on current models.
Shane, Got it, all in one piece.

I'll get to work on it tonight.

Have Gun, Will Travel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8662 by Hot4Darmat
Question: Would it be possible to make a few different spaceman spiff 'poses' if he isn't going to be articulated? I know he's so tiny he'll be hard to notice until you get up really close to a station, but if we're going to make the station environments a little more populated and scale-apparent it might be nice to see clusters of these guys working in different areas. I say 'poses' in the same way you see green plastic toy soldiers in different positions. We've got a free floating spaceman spiff; how about one that's holding a tool hunched over something he's working on (like a welder), or one that's holding a toolbox, or one that's standing with mag boots on some surface? I don't imagine it would be too hard to put a very bright flickering blue-white light at a welder's tool point, so it would look like he's welding something. That would also help players know that something's going on that's worth looking more closely at (like a reverse of the zoom out scene at the beginning of the B5 intro sequence)

Just I thought I'd just suggest a bunch of stuff that I think would be cool.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
20 years 3 months ago #8673 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Shane

The model displays fine,.....

Are you sure you sent me the right avatar?

I can't get it to show up in the game.
I've even tried the avatar with different c_hulls and different setup scenes too but it still crashes even though I'm using a valid loadout.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 3 months ago #8676 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Update on current models.

Are you sure you sent me the right avatar?

I thought I did... but maybe I screwed something up. I'll put it together tonight and double-check it, and send you another one. Sorry about that.

Question: Would it be possible to make a few different spaceman spiff 'poses' if he isn't going to be articulated?

I can do that. :)

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 3 months ago #8686 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Update on current models.
Congratulations MajorTom! You fixed it. :D

While messing about with it (mine froze in the launch tube at Lucretia's base), I wondered what could make the sim immobile.

And then I remembered you saying something to the effect of "The only way I ever found to make a sim completely immobile is to not give it a collsion hull." This was a couple of months back, I think.

So I changed out Spiff's collision hull with the comsec's collision hull. And everything works fine.

The problem wasn't with the ini files or systems... it was the collision hull all the time.

I'll see what's going on there and then send Spiff (when he's fixed) to whoever wants him (textures are very small on the Spiff model, so he's easily emailed).

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 3 months ago #8718 by MajorTom
Well, *flicks an imaginary speck of dust off his shoulder* there is nothing you can't do with enough preseverance :D

I'll give it a try it with the comsec collision hull and see if it holds up in MP.

We've been looking for someone with the proper equipment to plant bombs on the docking collar of contraband cargo pods in MP.

Have Gun, Will Travel