Unstable Space Status Feb 02, 2007

More
17 years 2 months ago #16356 by GrandpaTrout
We are pretty close. Just wrapping up the loadout. This weekend for sure, maybe tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16357 by Joco
GT is doing his machine impersonation again. After looking at the svn activity that is the only reasonable explanation I can find. :)

More
17 years 2 months ago #16358 by GrandpaTrout
It did take a few thousand lines of code to make the loadout. (And a few thousand deleted and replaced when I figured out the much better way to do it) but I am pretty pleased with the internal design now. Very easy on the ship.ini builders. Works well with all systems. For this release we are only doing player ships. Those needed some major changes because they assume external avatar weapons. This version of loadout just does simple subsims without external avatars.

But I am so glad to be rid of the player base and all the special cases I had to test for save/restore. It was worth it just for that. Should have done it two years ago! Could have saved a few major crashes in Torn Stars.

The features along the edges are all shaping up well (start choice, save screen, options screen, debug tools, loadout, ship purchasing, etc). The next mod we do just has to focus in getting the Traffic AI smarter / more fun / more challenging / more varied so the game itself *plays* more fun.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16359 by Shingen
Is there any way to engineer some sort of career path that doesn't involve moving pods around? Or are we limited by the PS EoC trade model? As it is now, every career path still is basically a transport career, moving pods around...trader, pirate, miner, ect..

More
17 years 2 months ago #16360 by GrandpaTrout
Yeah, I know what you mean. I am thinking we will do mercenary next, which will involve capturing or killing ships for pay. That should be a nice change. And then add some kind of information/spy activities that will involve bits of data that are faster to move around than cargo. And you won't need wingmen, so a courier kind of career could work.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16361 by Shingen
Is there anyway to engineer some way to get paid for traversing Dangerous and/or Deadly Unknown Lpoints? Now that would be a kewl career. =P