Epic 7.7 Beta

More
18 years 7 months ago #13711 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Epic 7.7 Beta
Save game sent. I started some quick testing with it and quickly found that if I do not tell my wingman to follow, there is no CTD. My guess is something is getting messed up between where the buggy stock jump is sending us, and where the wingman is attempting to go.

As for sounds, glad you like and noticed them. The sounds I added to ships have really changed the game. I gave each ship a distinctive beeping signal, to simulate the er....IMF code..forgot the game term. Anyways, it really changes the feeling of station environments. It also makes keeping track of your wingman easy, because you can just listen to their signal to check if they are keeping up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13713 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Epic 7.7 Beta
After a little more testing, it seems that if I autopilot to a target in the Next system there is no CTD. It is only when I am autopiloting to a system that is at least 2 away. Seems likely then that it is the buggy jump code acting up with your wingman code. There is no crash when the jump is normal, i.e. not skipping another system.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13717 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Epic 7.7 Beta
Update to 7.9 is posted. We are nearly there. Anyone seeing anything broken (aside from my terrible spelling...)