Epic 7.7 Beta

More
18 years 7 months ago #18554 by GrandpaTrout
Epic 7.7 Beta was created by GrandpaTrout
Use this forum thread to post bug reports and suggestions on the 7.7 Beta release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13694 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Epic 7.7 Beta
Hi GrandpaTrout,

I noticed this one right away. The mis-spelling on the production_station_sound (station was spelt 'staton') has popped up again in the avatars folder of MS_Mod_Music. I guess someone used an old version of the music mod.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13695 by cambragol
Another small detail to be polished. We need to lose the color/visibility of the flare used for the sound objects.

Okay, I took care of that and sent the files to you GrandpaTrout

More
18 years 7 months ago #13696 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Epic 7.7 Beta
Thanks Cambragol. The files arrived fine. I am adding them now. Not sure how that misspelling error made it back in. That was fixed before. Must be a build problem.

Found It. I did correct the spelling in the archive, but forgot to fix it in the installer. So the installer kept recreating it with the wrong name. I tested the invisible sounds and they seem to work fine.

Has anyone else seen anything? What do you think of the station inventory levels? You should be feeling the pinch of limited supplies much sooner in this econ balance.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13703 by cambragol
I have been doing some trading between Alcuin and Emerald and and noticed something with the common minerals mines...they have more than the nine mineral types they should be limited to. Are you sure you added those rebalanced files I sent some time back? Or maybe I just missed something. I will look again tonight.

Other than that I have not hit any snags.

I am planning to send you a final polished version of the sound Mod, should you okay it. I realised that some sounds were not balanced correctly anymore because of some changes you may have made when we restarted the mod. I have tweaked the ini's for sounds around stations to define them better. I also added new sound ini's for most ship types, that are hopefully a better fit with what we have for sounds thus far. Since we never got around to implementing faction specific effects, I figured that a quick fix to the stock ship sounds would suffice for Middle States.
However, using this next iteration of the Sound Mod is your call.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13704 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Epic 7.7 Beta
It would not be the first time I made such an error. I thought I checked it. Back in a second.

How major are the Sound Mod changes? My only concern is that we might not have time to catch errors. I don't have a problem with replacing wav files if you want the volumes changed. I think adding the ship sounds should wait for the next release, just because we are in the last week (he knocks on wood, and crosses his fingers).

[Edit]The files in the mod look correct. They have most of the pod types commented out. The Common Mine does look to have quite a few remaining. But check station_cargo.in and cargo_category.ini. The mod should be moving old files, so there should be no contamination from the prior versions... but who knows. If you find the wrong files, let me know so I can figure out what is happeing in the install. I did this version from a clean Iwar2 install (just to check that test case) so I might have missed something.