More
18 years 10 months ago #13054 by cambragol
Okay, here is my setup:

Mouse: Logitech Cordless Optical TrackMan
Keyboard: Lemel standard 107key Keyboard
Joystick: Logitech WingMan Cordless RumblePad
Video Card: Nvidia 6600GT 256meg
Processor: AMD 64 3500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13058 by cambragol
Travel with freighters is working much better now that I can follow and formate to them. There is still an occasional hiccup where the freighter passes through the lpoint and I am not able to. The freighter will then carry on towards his destination oblivious that I am now millions of kilometers away. A feature that stopped the freighter in his tracks until I caught up would do well, and make sense.

I did experience one crash when travelling through an Lpoint. I was switching views furiously at the time. I will see if I can repeat it.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13075 by Qlippoth
If it's a control file problem, make a backup copy and remove half the keybinds and see if the problem is fixed. Continue to delete half the binds until the problem goes away (cut them out and paste them into another file and mark each section you remove last). This is the fastest way to narrow down the offending control.

First you might just remove the project binds first, since it's likely one of those (perhaps malformed format).

- Qlippoth

More
18 years 9 months ago #13085 by GrandpaTrout
I am getting a very short pause in the game at regular intervals, every 0.25 seconds or so. It shows up as a little bit of lag, most noticable when I turn my ship. My frame rate drops from 124 fps to 20-30 during the pause. And I think that is an average, because it looks to me like the rendering stops totally for a frame or two. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I turned off all of my mods, started a new standard game, and I still get the pauses.

Using the debug tools I opened the performance screen and I get a huge spike on the collision reaction line. It spikes into the red and then goes back to being nearly zero. (developer_mode = 1 and ctr-alt-p first screen).

It is that last bit that is really bothering me. If the issue is graphical, I expect that I can live with it on my machine. But if there is a collision issue hiding somewhere I would really like to track it down.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13086 by cambragol
I haven't seen anything like this.

More
8 years 5 months ago #19914 by Coloradomtnman
Replied by Coloradomtnman on topic Same Problem

cavhog wrote: Random error that pops up now and then. Can't seem to isolate the trigger. Will periodically give me the "No UniGUI subscreens available" error and will have to restart the game.

Once more into the breach...

I have the same problem.