MiddleStates 7.1 bug reports

More
19 years 1 week ago #12950 by cambragol
Well, seems I spoke too soon. Anytime I add any new file to my Mods directory, I get a memory error. The weird thing is I can even add a new version of an existing file and will get a memory error. But if I copy the contents of the new file into the old one, and resave, all works fine. Enough is enough...time for a total wipe and reinstall on a new hardrive. If that fails, goodbye windows XP, hello again windows 2000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 week ago #12951 by GrandpaTrout
Darn! If it has been an install issue, we might have been able to fix it. I would try a new drive. You are using NTFS file system?

I did confirm a bug with the stations that Cambragol noticed. The manufacturing stations are not showing up in the cluster. But we found the problem and it will be fixed with the next geography changes.

I have also found an instance where a station in the geography is not showing up in the game. Pearl Research Station. I don't yet know why. Or how I missed this before.

More
19 years 1 week ago #12952 by cambragol
Well I finally resolved that problem. But it is still cropping up if I turn any mods on or off. So it is something related to my windows install. For now it is workable...but I may need to go with reinstall of XP, or back to 2000

More
19 years 1 week ago #12953 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic MiddleStates 7.1 bug reports
I'm running ok under win2k and win xp. So OS version shouldn't be the issue here.

More
19 years 1 week ago #12954 by Qlippoth
If you have the space I would recommend a clean install to be used for each project yu work on. The clean install can be simply copied over older test version (erase teh old test version and copy the clean for test work).

I have one clean install I use for this purpose, I can put ONLY the etest files in a copy of that install for testing or Dev purposes.

Is it possible that something in the mod folder is causing issues as it loads the engine, and creating a faulty script issue as the game loads in to the main GUI?

- Qlippoth

More
19 years 1 week ago #12974 by cambragol
Here is something I have noticed. I am getting a lot of 'Your ship has been disrupted for a routine inspection' messages, but I am not being disrupted, nor are there any ships around me. I am near a station though.