MiddleStates 7.1 bug reports

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #18426 by GrandpaTrout
Version 7.1 is a closed test release for checking save game features and wingman controls.

Please post bug reports here. Try to reduplicate the bug and take careful notes of how you caused the error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #12918 by cambragol
Well, I have encountered some mysteries with the install, and incompatabilities with other mods I am working on. After installing as per your instructions, I tried to load the game with my highpolyplanets mod also activated. The program crashed. I turned the Highpolyplanets off. The program crashed. In fact, thereafter no matter what I did the program crashed. I finally resorted to a clean install. The program crashed. After several hours of reinstalls, I have finally got my computer and game back to the point where it was before, but I cannot run the new version no matter what I do. I have given up for now, in despair, and am going to continue work with the old version. I cannot rule out a virus of some kind on my comp, so I will look into that.

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #12919 by GrandpaTrout
Ok. Well. That is really painful. I almost don't want to ask this, but did any flux logs of the crash survive? That way we could see what it was trying to do just before the crash. I expect we will soon be hearing from others if it does not run.

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #12921 by cambragol
hmmm....no. However, I lay all the blame at my own feet. I didn't follow the installation steps properly. Let it be a lesson to us all.

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #12922 by GrandpaTrout
Ok, what did you do? We want to make sure we keep track of those cases and get them into the technical issues FAQ.

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #12923 by cambragol
Well, I ran the HighPolyPlanets mod at the same time. It seems that if I used that mod, and the new default.ini in conjunction the program would crash. However, what was mysterious was that when I went back to the old setup thins still didn't work. Only by loading one mod at a time, then closing and restarting the program, was I finally able to get it loading and working again. So I am guessing that perhaps dependencies between the components of the mods were not being met if they were all just thrown together at once. Seems weird, because I have never noticed such behaviour before, but that is what was happening. I can't really give specifics, because they are lost in a mire of file copying and reinstalling. At the time, it seemed inexplicable, because even full resinstalls, with no mods were crashing. So I am still convinced that there is something wrong with my computer. Some kindof memory damage or hard drive damage that was making data inaccesable.