Gonna buy IWar2... but MAJOR control problems!!

More
21 years 11 months ago #1760 by SoupDragon
Unfortunately I don't have the demo. I do know that the setup was different for the demo and certain things run differently. But see if you can do this:

Open your flux.ini file (make sure you put a copy somewhere) and look for the following:

[FcInputMapper]
repeat_period = 0.08
initial_delay = 0.5
input_scheme_ini = configs/default.ini

Rename the default.ini to mouse.ini, making sure you have put the mouse.ini in your configs directory.

Save flux.ini and then run the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1772 by EricMan64
In my opinion, EoC is one of the best games there is for using a joystick. It's a great control settup.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1773 by Gluegun
I dont have a good joystick, and i do not consider it wise to buy one for only one game.

"Eep!"

"Eep!"

More
21 years 11 months ago #1776 by EricMan64
If it's a pretty cheap one, it's worth it for this game. It all depends on how cheap you can find one.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1780 by Gluegun
I'm left handed. That poses a few problems....

"Eep!"

"Eep!"

More
21 years 11 months ago #1795 by ExplodingBoy
Wow . . .

I am getting tired just reading this thread - gluegun you could be half way through the game by now!

It will take a little practise but I think you'll find you can get used to any control set-up, it will just need a little practice.

The original I-war had a mission called Gatekeeper - by the time you could complete that mission you used the controls as second nature.

I think you will find that combat is quite a bit different in this game - realistic speeds, weapons and damage may well make a lot of your FPS skills obsolete.

Money is also an issue for a lot of us - but look at it this way, with the availible mods, and the original game itself you have many hours of gameplay availible. So if you play this game 4 times as long as the last FPS you bought then the joystick won't really have been a waste of money will it?

Just my 2 cents worth . . .