Navy Heavy Cruiser.

More
19 years 10 months ago #18113 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey

As you can see, it has a turret on the top, but ALSO one on the chin. Can someone provide me with lws files (i think they are the ones i need) so that i can give the ship its 6th chin turret. The turret is also observible on the in-game movies...and on the front of the game package as well. Also there are two missile tubes just under the bridge, i would like to see those implimented as well.

I really want to polish all the files for all the ships. Some of them are ok, but not all of them.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10263 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Navy Heavy Cruiser.
While you're polishing, you might want to fix the Heavy Cruiser nulls. The bottom turret is misplaced and upsidedown, and a few other are misaligned. I've fixed all that in mine, but I've also customized the setup file to the point where it would be useless with standard EoC weapons (it uses my special type of replacement weapons ;)). If you can't do it, I guess I could whip up another ship setup file fix if you wanted me to.

Annnd, the Police Interceptor INI file is screwed up (betcha didn't know that). Observe:
Code:
; Systems template[1]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_sensor template[2]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_lds template[3]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_autorepair_basic template[4]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_capsule_drive template[5]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_crew null[5]=crew template[6]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_pbc null[6]=left_wing_upper_hardpoint template[6]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_pbc null[6]=right_wing_upper_hardpoint template[7]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_missile_magazine null[7]=left_wing_lower_hardpoint template[8]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_counter_measure_magazine null[8]=right_wing_lower_hardpoint template[9]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_lda null[9]=upper_lda template[10]=ini:/subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_lda null[10]=lower_lda
Ignore the [8] balls, that's the forum code.

Have a look at key number 6, the nps_pbc. Then have a look right after it, at key number 6 the nps_pbc! With this INI file (which is read-only straight from the resource.zip), this ship now has no missiles, no countermeasures, and no shields.

Didn't anybody ever wonder why they were so easy to beat?

This is easily fixed by correcting the number sequence after key 6.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10264 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Indeed, infact...if you get msn messenger then we would be able to chat/type in person, making the creation of an optimum lws file fast and easy.

However, this is assuming it is easy for you to do this...

The cruisers are not the only ship i want to polish, I want to fix *all* of them. However, i only have photoshop (not really useful in this situiation) and the abilty to open text files, and turn them into zips.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10266 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Navy Heavy Cruiser.
Oops, we posted at the same time (I'm doing that a lot lately). Please go back and read my added material.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10267 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Muwhahahahh, oh yes. I noticed that along time ago. The police pat coms that *i* have made have bloody cutting beams (alot of the police were indentured miners, who were good with mining beams, + police like to be able to cleanly cut criminals weapons off)! Idsi 3000 (police like to stop people getting away), Counter measuers , an *auesom* chasing abilty (police like to chase people), disruptor missiles (they like to capture ships! it even says it in the manual!).

Yeah, They rock now. *every* police ship has some form of Ldsi/disruptor/chaseing abilty. And the mrkII patcoms are just auesom. They have magnums :)

Although, they do have a weakness. Because they were based on the orginal patcom design they only have one upper LDA. But they are police, so they get the Combat LDA...as it says int he encyclopedia '' Police and licensed forces only ''.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10268 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
The above post gives a taster of what to expect. Realism...thats unforgiving.

I would also like to fix the old IW1 destroyers.

They should have that forward turret! As seen in this pic of the Indi cruiser.
To see the pic, click on the link below, and then go for the 'manual'. Then go to 'quick start'. it shows an Indi Iw1 destroyer.

www.geocities.com/dreadnt/