Navy Heavy Cruiser.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10452 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic Navy Heavy Cruiser.
[:I] That´s me and my excellent skills in making web pages[:o)] it should be fixed now.

My method on working AI ships is making them flyable first and then tuning and fixing them. And then replacing Marauder Cutters with the ship I´m fixing to check out the weapons balance.

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10453 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Well, i think my strength is definalty the 'balencing the weapons' part lol.

For me if i am not sure about something (not very often) i will use instant action to test. Sometimes replacing the interceptors and corvettes with the ship i want so i can see their interactions.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 11 months ago #10472 by Vladimir
Good news everybody! The Guillotine Heavy Destroyer is now fixed:D:D:D Pics are here:
www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/
Now I´m going to add the Cutting beam to it...

More
19 years 11 months ago #10484 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
hmmm....only some have cutting beams. Not all fo them. And those that do replace the above the bridge cannon with them.....

And you have now fixed the cutting beam?

More
19 years 11 months ago #10486 by Vladimir
I´m not adding cutting beam to all destroyers. There are two destroyer configuration files: heavy_destroyer.ini and heavy_destroyer_turrets.ini and I´m planning to equip the first one with cutting beam instead of the front turret and assault cannon instead of the chin turret. The latter should have only turrets, but both also have missile launchers. Is this loadout OK or should I do some changes?

As for the beam, it works quite well, I equipped Marauder Cutters with these for a test and they used it, except on faster ships, probably because of the 5¤ fire arc.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10487 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Right, we need to communicate more often. I shall do the rebalencing of weapon systems etc etc. however, i cannot create weapons (except for basic text file stuff, like missile pods with different types of missiles, like deadshots instead of harrowers).

And no marauder cutters *should not* have cutting beams :P. well....not the normal ones anyhow. I know which ships should have them and which should not. Do not worry.

ok, go here

uscm.shockonline.co.uk/forum/ind ... readid=757

it the fourm for my clan {uscm} for another game, battlezone II. (amazing game - go get it).
The link i gave you is to the ventrilo server. Go download the ventrilo programe and go join it! That way we can *talk* to eachother. And even if we cannot...you can still type to me because there is an inbuilt instantmessenger (which can have the stephen hawking voice upgrade!).