Navy Heavy Cruiser.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10421 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Navy Heavy Cruiser.
Here's the new properly sized C_Hull for the Heavy Destroyer.

americanodysseymagazine.com/johnspics/destroyer_HULL.lwo

It was so way off it was easy to get it closer to the right size. The Old Destroyer C_Hull looks like it's close to about the right size though, so I'm not going to mess with it. Without the original model it would be too hard to get it right.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10425 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
No, i mean that the orginal destroyer is off *ingame*.Not relative to the older *ingame* IW1 destroyer.

In Iw2 the new 'old' destroyer has a collision shape that is not accurate...in a similar fassion to the Heavy Destroyer, one can shoot 'though' the edges of the ship. Also the shields affects seem to happen 'inside' it.

Also, would be nice if it has two missile launcher ports. They seem to come from that area to the sides...the 'armpits' of the wings. In the image i directed you to, there are two small holes.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10440 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic Navy Heavy Cruiser.
Well, I´m trying to fix the Guillotine destroyer, one of the most beautiful ships in EoC. Thank you for the collisionhull, Second Chance, it´s been most useful! Now, the Guillotine also misses drive animations. Is there a way I can add these without Lightwave? I tried but all I got was some big bright flares where the nav lights are.

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10449 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Vladimir....we should really work together if we want to make a 'fix all the bugs elite' mod...or whatever it is i am doing.

Hmm, i got to give it a name...

Anyhow, how about us two work together to create this mod ey?

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 10 months ago #10450 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic Navy Heavy Cruiser.
Yes, why not work together, I just love to fix bugs, I´m kinda idealist:)
BTW, I have some pics of the Guillotine in progress. Nothing special, just fixed the turrets and added some hardpoints for missiles:
www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/guillotine.html (just copy & paste the address, links to my web page don´t seem to work[:(])
Now, if I could only get the engine animations to work...

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10451 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Thing is, i have an unusual abilty to visulise things in the highest of detail....and this of course inculdes combat betweeen ships. :D

So, my mod is very finly tuned, and without even wipping out the calulator, i managed to create weapons and player systems that are very finly tuned.

However, doing the AI has been much harder, because i do not have access to anything except text files . As i said before. However, if you are offering to help me with this we can create something that plays well and looks *even better*

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

EDIT : according to your website i have those images in ' c : my documents'